• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big WOW Comicon in San Jose

4 posts in this topic

A couple of notes.

I had a great time, the dealers were very nice and fun to talk to.

A few of the regulars include: A1 Comics, Torpedo Comics, Heroes, Lee's Comics, House of Comics, and Terrys Comics.

Great new about Steve Wozniak. Should make next year a great show.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sal-pizarro/ci_27934688/

OK, a few Market notes,

Star Wars is hot! I'm shocked how well Star Wars 1 can sell with so many copies running around. Issue 42, 67 are also popular. 81 is picking up steam also.

Thanos and Ultron are still very popular, saw a few 55's sell, and lots of other Thanos related issues move quickly.

Brave and the Bold 54 seems very common and easy to find at reasonable prices below 7.0. However didn't see very many BB60's.

Flash keys like Showcase 4, Flash 106 seem tough to come by in any grade. Flash 110, JLA 75 and Showcase 20 were only found below 2.0.

Aquaman (Silver age keys) were plenty and seemed easy to find in many grades. Saw a few Adventure 260's at decent prices but couldn't pull the trigger.

Walking Dead 2nd prints 97-102 (100 3rd print) are no where to be found. Although variant 100 covers are plenty and priced just above cover. I saw one dealer with what looked like half a long box full.

Dealers are more flexible with non superhero books. (I mean a lot more flexible) It wasn't hard to get 30-40% off sticker price for romance, horror and other non superhero titles.

Overall I spent a small fraction of what I did last year, but still bought enough to make the trip fun.

Scott