• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC BOOK VILLAINS

17 posts in this topic

Don't know if there's already a thread..... but this is a must see movie for anyone who collects comic books. I've watched it many times but don't own a copy yet.... I need to remedy that..... I would imagine every larger town has these same two guys each owning a store there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This one was budget bin fodder for the longest time too.

My only complaint was that they didn't use Natasha Lyonne as well as they could have. At a time she was a very talented actress that elevated B-movies. Michael Rapaport did an interesting low-budget comic movie after called 'Special'.

But, Monet Mazur :cloud9:

Whatever happened to DJ Qualls?

I'm a fan of the movie but don't even know the names of the actors or characters.... which is something I also need to remedy. It has that "cult classic" feel to it and absolutely had to be written by a comic collector ......it is just far too ubiquitous not to have been. GOD BLESS...

I special ordered it from Blockbuster right after renting it. This was the pre-internet days way for NewEnglandGothic to buy a no-name movie in New Hampshire. lol

Still can see it on one of my DVD towers as I type this. Too bad it has no extras other than the trailer. :(

I'm a fan of the movie but don't even know the names of the actors or characters.... which is something I also need to remedy. It has that "cult classic" feel to it and absolutely had to be written by a comic collector ......it is just far too ubiquitous not too have been. GOD BLESS...

It was written and directed by James Robinson, who is a comic book writer. He did the X-Men - Operation: Zero Tolerance storyline, made the golden age GL gay, and wrote DC's Starman.

I'm a fan of the movie but don't even know the names of the actors or characters.... which is something I also need to remedy. It has that "cult classic" feel to it and absolutely had to be written by a comic collector ......it is just far too ubiquitous not to have been. GOD BLESS...

It was written and directed by James Robinson, who is a comic book writer. He did the X-Men - Operation: Zero Tolerance storyline, made the golden age GL gay, and wrote DC's Starman.

...that makes since.....no wonder I liked it so much. GOD BLESS....

This is a great movie and I've mentioned it a few times in the journal threads over the years but no one seemed to take note. I'm surprised I don't have this one, is it still in print? It's been years since I last saw it but I did watch few times and remember it well. What I took away from it was that it's okay to be really passionate about comics but that it's also okay to grow up.

It could probably be found on eBay.....and Netflix would likely have it available from a usage standpoint. GOD BLESS...

.....it would be really cool if it could be repackaged with a documentary included with interviews of long time fans and dealers about the beginnings and evolutions of the hobby :cloud9:

I want to watch this movie but my torrent is stuck at 94.8%….bah!!!!

... such a unique and exceptional movie. GOD BLESS...

So I finally got to see this…I won't say how…I had to do some things I not proud of…

Not too bad. The first half or so looks like a true collector's movie…the second half (or so) got silly.

May watch again eventually…definitely in my "keep" pile.

So I finally got to see this…I won't say how…I had to do some things I not proud of…

Not too bad. The first half or so looks like a true collector's movie…the second half (or so) got silly.

May watch again eventually…definitely in my "keep" pile.

...it's a weird movie, but I couldn't get over the characterization of the different shop owners..... I think we've all met a couple dealers very much like them. To think a movie based on this subject matter was actually made and distributed goes to show how far our hobby has come. GOD BLESS....