• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA keys that are not 1st Apps and Number 1 issues

32 posts in this topic

The great thing about these books is the greater definition given to the Silver Age. While speculators run around buying first appearance books and number 1s in search of a profit, the true SA collectors go further, having these classics in their collections next to the AF 15s and BB 28s.

Superman 113 -- first use of "Kal El".

Adventure 283 -- first reference to the Phantom Zone.

ASM 90 -- death of Captain Stacy

Silver Surfer 4 -- Classic cover

Adventure 283 is First Zod - so that one is out (although it is an awesome book :) )

Superman 113 -- first use of "Kal El".

Adventure 283 -- first reference to the Phantom Zone.

ASM 90 -- death of Captain Stacy

Silver Surfer 4 -- Classic cover

Adventure 283 is First Zod - so that one is out (although it is an awesome book :) )

I wouldn't exclude Adv 283 because Zod is in there for two panels. The Phantom Zone itself -- which is the core of the story in Adv 283 -- is a very cool concept that might have been the seed to Lee's Negative Zone concept. But I'm not making up the rules so whateves. (shrug)

Daredevil 7--Red Suit is a big one for me.

I never understood why anyone would consider this book a key. OK so he gets new laundry and its the look he's had since then, but big whoop. Its just the costume.

TOS 48 is basically the iron man equivalent and no one cares, nor should they. Are there so few early DD keys that people need to make up reasons for them to be "key"? :whistle:

NOT directed at you, btw. I get that the market prices it like a key. I just think the market is off its freaking rocker on that one

I never understood why anyone would consider this book a key. OK so he gets new laundry and its the look he's had since then, but big whoop. Its just the costume.

TOS 48 is basically the iron man equivalent and no one cares, nor should they. Are there so few early DD keys that people need to make up reasons for them to be "key"? :whistle:

NOT directed at you, btw. I get that the market prices it like a key. I just think the market is off its freaking rocker on that one

It is also a classic battle story between Daredevil and Submariner. If you were going to read one SA Daredevil, this is the one to read IMO.

It is also a classic battle story between Daredevil and Submariner. If you were going to read one SA Daredevil, this is the one to read IMO.

..... yep....it's a great comic. TOS 48 has possibly the worst Ditko art that he ever did and the story couldn't have been a worse vehicle to showcase IM's new armor..... but I do understand what Bronty is trying to say. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... yep....it's a great comic. TOS 48 has possibly the worst Ditko art that he ever did and the story couldn't have been a worse vehicle to showcase IM's new armor..... but I do understand what Bronty is trying to say. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

For me the original red and gold will always be the best armor but you have to wonder whether all the different suits Iron Man has makes TOS 48 less interesting to younger collectors- especially the high tech innovations that have occurred over the past few decades. DD has primarily had 2 suits- Red being the most popular with Yellow showing up sometimes.