• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicpalooza -- May 22-25, 2015

18 posts in this topic

Home page

I can't believe that I can't find a thread on this, but I guess with the show coming up next week that we may as well have one...

If someone knows of another event thread please bump that one, but I've looked with no luck.

I've always wanted to make it to this show, but its proximity to the big Dallas show (which is much easier for me to get to) makes it tough to justify. I just can't do two big shows on consecutive weekends.

We will be set up. It should be a very cool show, but not very many vintage comic dealers.

Harley Yee will be there though.

We will be set up. It should be a very cool show, but not very many vintage comic dealers.

Harley Yee will be there though.

Your setup alone would be worth the price of admission. Make sure you bring plenty of pre-hero Marvels to Chicago. :cloud9:

I had restrictions at work (We're a small lab, so we can have one person off at a time, plus we're filling a position. . . and because of that, if you have a holiday off, you have to give others a chance to take that holiday the next year. Odd, I know, but we have to do it that way because some people take advantage at certain times during the year), so I couldn't put in for Memorial Day weekend until recently.

I was able to get Friday off, so I can spend some more time with my brother, AND we'll be able to get up to Comicpalooza a little earlier in the day.

Just got back from set-up. The show is really huge this year and the dealers room is coherently laid out and organized professionally. Those who have gone in previous years will really appreciate the upgrades. CGC is not set up, but the other guys do have a booth. I am sure there will be some CGC witnesses manning the autograph area though.

just got back from the show and if you need a cgc witness, besides Anastasias, there is another booth in the middle-ish that has a sign up saying they do cgc witnessing.

Talked to them abit and he quoted me like $160ish for my silver age(economy level cgc valued under $300) book to get signed by stan lee and cgc'd.

I also talked to Genuine COA's booth witch is in front of the autograph secion.

They said they do grading for the "other company" and can't do it for Stan Lee since they don't have a contract with him. They were all saying that they were still trying to get a contact w/ stan lee but he couldn't guarntee anything.