• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Golden Age Collectors?
4 4

188 posts in this topic

Grew up with Silver Age and have since grown to love the Golden Age even more! thumbsup2.gif

I'll take a scarce book over a "Ubber-Grade" book any day of the week!

Sounds good to me. thumbsup2.gif

We "Timely" lovers have to stick together! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

In CGC submission world I'm considered a "Modern" (barely). Bought my first GA last year... Startling Comics #48 with a Schomburg cover cloud9.gif

In the next couple of days I should finish off my X-Men 1 - now run and then I can switch to 90% of my cash going to GA stuff thumbsup2.gif First goal is to put a nice set of Wings Comics together.

In CGC submission world I'm considered a "Modern" (barely). Bought my first GA last year... Startling Comics #48 with a Schomburg cover cloud9.gif

Didn't you ask me earlier this week if you sold me my copy of that!?!? 893whatthe.gif

36, I didn't really seriously buy GA until a few years ago, with the except of Little Lulu which I have been buying for a dozen years or so. I used to buy mainly B/W Alt type books (still do, a bit). Never really got interested in Silver.

Didn't you ask me earlier this week if you sold me my copy of that!?!? 893whatthe.gif

gossip.gif I used the proceeds to pick up a Thrilling Comics 56 in F+ grin.gif

40. I think I'll choose 35-40 rather than 40-45. Bought my first GA book around 7 or 8 years ago I guess and it's been a slow haul to the point where I have no real interest in much else.

Grew up with Silver Age and have since grown to love the Golden Age even more! thumbsup2.gif

headbang.gif

They love me...they really, really love me! acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

West

headbang.gif

They love me...they really, really love me! acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

West

In a Viking sort of way, don't get any ideas.

I'm 40 now, but have been collecting GA books, off and on, for almost 30 years. Between practically growing up at Comics & Comix on Columbus Ave. in SF, and reading the DC 100-pagers with all those great reprints, GA was in my blood early on.