• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old are Golden Age Collectors?
4 4

188 posts in this topic

soon to be 54 ......  but I have really slowed down in terms of collecting, I went crazy 2005-2015 and got what I wanted (although do we ever have everything we really want in this hobby?).... will buy stuff that is cool and interesting if I see it here, or in auction, etc.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, fishbone said:

soon to be 54 ......  but I have really slowed down in terms of collecting, I went crazy 2005-2015 and got what I wanted (although do we ever have everything we really want in this hobby?).... will buy stuff that is cool and interesting if I see it here, or in auction, etc.

That was a good time to be a buyer. I wasn’t active durning this period(for financial reasons and my futile search for original art) Lots of great deals after the financial crisis. I started picking up select books after 2015 when my situation stabilized but the prices are crazy compared to 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. 

When in the early 1970's I went to all the early west coast conventions, most of the older collector's 35 and UP were the golden age collectors. The older has always been the case for GA, my generation collected SA, and who knows about the others. The GA collector especially WW2 covers have been divided into new divisions of sub collecting, the key here for GA is to antisipate where the next hot sub catogory will be...before collectors realize there two values.