• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Boy, I hate that I picked this weekend to not check the boards! As I mentioned before, I think Jon has the greatest Centaur collection in existence. My personal Centaur collection is only about 65% complete, and I'm missing many of the rarest issues. But here are some of my favorite covers, starting with Funny Picture Stories #2 and #6 (these technically are Centaur predecessors):

Funny%20Picture%20Stories%202%20Front.jpg

Funny%20Picture%20Stories%206%20Front.jpg

Boy, I hate that I picked this weekend to not check the boards! As I mentioned before, I think Jon has the greatest Centaur collection in existence. My personal Centaur collection is only about 65% complete, and I'm missing many of the rarest issues. But here are some of my favorite covers, starting with Funny Picture Stories #2 and #6 (these technically are Centaur predecessors):

re: Jon -- does have the best centaur collection. but these are mine that he posted for my while i was learning the ropes.

720291-AmazMysFunnies23sm.jpg

720285-AmazMysFunnies2_12sm.jpg

720282-AmazMysFunnies2_3sm.jpg

725647-AmazMysFunnies21sm.jpg

725647-AmazMysFunnies21sm.jpg.d853a0a4fc69c7d21358b84ce10e7609.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

gotta love centaurs.....i will be getting to their precursors (more history) soon

I absolutely LOVE the Centaur precursors! Not to jump the gun on Jon's topic, but I can't help but post my Larson copy of Detective Picture Stories #5:

DetectivePictureStories5aFront.jpg

I've gotta free it from its slab. The scratches on the case make the book look much messier than it actually is.

gotta love centaurs.....i will be getting to their precursors (more history) soon

I absolutely LOVE the Centaur precursors! Not to jump the gun on Jon's topic, but I can't help but post my Larson copy of Detective Picture Stories #5:

DetectivePictureStories5aFront.jpg

I've gotta free it from its slab. The scratches on the case make the book look much messier than it actually is.

that is where i will be going next...glad to know there are two of us into the Cook/Mahon books.....