• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting Back into collecting.

60 posts in this topic

I'm getting back into collecting after a very long hiatus (think decades) I acquired about 1,000 comics in bulk. I'm enjoying going through and reading the ones I'm interested in, etc. I have no idea what do with the duplicates and ones I'm just not interested in. I'd like to either trade them to fill in the cement truck sized gaps in my collection, or sell them to fund the continuation of my new/old hobby. I'm just not really sure where to start.

Understood. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which titles I really want to follow, and I'll keep the spending reasonable...something around $50,000 per month should let me enjoy without going overboard. :)

Understood. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which titles I really want to follow, and I'll keep the spending reasonable...something around $50,000 per month should let me enjoy without going overboard. :)
:applause: I'm already liking you. You should fit in nicely here.

Only 50K per month , lightweight. Double that. And agree you will fit right in here.

Only 50K per month , lightweight. Double that. And agree you will fit right in here.

I guess I'm gonna have to pick up some overtime at the sawmill this month.

so far, and I'm not even a fraction of the way through, I really enjoyed the day of judgment series from DC (don't have the final issue, though), The Freedom Fighters and the one issue of Mister Miracle that I have.

Still have about 700 issues to go through, though. So far I've just sorted them and gotten them into boxes, so I'm still figuring it out. I always liked JSA and JLA, as well as the Legion of Super Heroes when I collected before.

its a fun hobby!

and if you do have disposable hobby funds

you could take one for the team and put together a nice CGC graded golden age set to be proud of !

a set that nobody has yet to completely assemble 100% CGC graded

something to work on, and to enjoy searching for, acquiring and submitting for grading over the next 5-10 years

explore the registry and see what is out there

:popcorn:

Welcome back to comic collecting and just beware of the HIPPO's (Hi Posting Professional On-liners) who demean those who make suggestions on these chat boards

If only we were as awesome as you. :cool:

You guys are gonna be a lot of fun, I can already tell. :)

I'm trying to figure out what to do with about 200 comics (total guess) that are in really good shape, but they're duplicates of stuff I already have, or I'm just not interested (like Punisher and Kid n Play.) I'd like to either trade them for stuff I'm interested in, or sell them. Where's a good place to start?