• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to get an autograph or not to get an autograph

17 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have been going back and forth about getting an autograph.

I have a Spiderman #129 " First appearance of the Punisher" in pretty good condition.

I am going to the Niagara Falls Comic Con and Gerry Conway the writer for this issue will be there.

I want to send this to CGC to be graded, and I do not want this to bring down the value.

I welcome your thoughts.

Thank you

John

where is the splash guard.? Please explain.

Goosfaba . . .

The splash page is the first page of the comic book. There is a little white bar at the bottom between the bottom of the artwork and the indicia (the publishing information). Have him sign there.

Please be careful at the con.

I agree with the splash page (first page when you open the cover at the bottom). But make sure you have him sign it with ball point pen NOT a sharpie. Much cleaner and it will not bleed. Then keep it raw so every time you open it you will see the autograph and remember the experience!

Oh my god, what a coincidence... there's, I think, 4 or 5 other guys also named John asking the same exact question here in the various forums.

Why don't all of YOU get together and discuss amongst yourselves?

where is the splash guard.? Please explain.

Okay, say you're just started reading a comic in the bathtub and then you slip and splash the water onto the comic - which page would have gotten soaked?

That's the splash page.

Oh my god, what a coincidence... there's, I think, 4 or 5 other guys also named John asking the same exact question here in the various forums.

Why don't all of YOU get together and discuss amongst yourselves?

Maybe they're clones.