• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,617 posts in this topic

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Thanks.  yeah, I like that 'un...

Your DC anthology runs like Strange Adventures and House of Mystery are insane! Those are great titles. I have less than a tenth of what you have, but I still get giddy every time I file one away in the box and introduce it to its new neighbors. So many of us know what pretty much every SA Marvel looks like ('cept maybe Modelling with Millie!), but collecting DC's offers so many new thrills when you go deep into runs like HOM, Tales of the Unexpected or My Greatest Adventure. :cloud9:

And honestly, they're a better read than a Larry Leiber-plotted or Don Heck-drawn early SA Marvel (sorry Zombies!).  2c

2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Your DC anthology runs like Strange Adventures and House of Mystery are insane! Those are great titles. I have less than a tenth of what you have, but I still get giddy every time I file one away in the box and introduce it to its new neighbors. So many of us know what pretty much every SA Marvel looks like ('cept maybe Modelling with Millie!), but collecting DC's offers so many new thrills when you go deep into runs like HOM, Tales of the Unexpected or My Greatest Adventure. :cloud9:

And honestly, they're a better read than a Larry Leiber-plotted or Don Heck-drawn early SA Marvel (sorry Zombies!).  2c

I want 7 more Strange Adventures and Mystery In Space issues to finish off the one's I really want, but I still pick up others if they are priced too cheap...:)

7 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I want 7 more Strange Adventures and Mystery In Space issues to finish off the one's I really want, but I still pick up others if they are priced too cheap...:)

I'll never own a Strange Adventures 9 because I'm really, really cheap, but I think that is one of the best of the best. And everyone wants number 50, but I like some of the gorilla covers almost as much.  Robot > gorilla?? (shrug)

And as to MIS, I can barely count the number of cool covers I still want - poor Earth: it gets towed, captured, hi-jacked, cut in half, continents stolen, etc. every other issue.  :nyah:

Edited by PopKulture

2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I'll never own a Strange Adventures 9 because I'm really, really cheap, but I think that is one of the best of the best. And everyone wants number 50, but I like some of the gorilla covers almost as much.  Robot > gorilla?? (shrug)

And as to MIS, I can barely count the number of cool covers I still want - poor Earth: it gets towed, captured, hi-jacked, cut in half, continents stolen, etc. every other issue.  :nyah:

Yeah, SA #9 is high on my list, but I fear it is out of reach now.  I have #50.  Thank god I got that 3 or 4 years ago before it exploded...

Have you seen my SA and MIS albums lately?  I love those covers of the earth being mangled...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157679915040646

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157707076163245

2 minutes ago, APDallas said:

Thanks. BTW I always wondered what the "IND." was all about on the cover. Any ideas?

Not sure but it's a good question,  but perhaps to do with publisher, distribution or both. 

Lol I'll wait for someone more acquainted to come along though :foryou: