• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,623 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2022 at 6:09 PM, MrBedrock said:

journeyintounknownworlds56.jpg

journeyintounknownworlds57.jpg

That's back where I can imagine the newsstands buyers were actually wearing suits lol

Just the mind set? Or of who mostly wears suits today? Idk just makes me think who originally purchased and their reasoning for picking it up off the rack. Could be because my dad was born in 1940, had ink wells for pens at school and is still alive. :shy:

Good times. :)

Still cool books, of an era gone by :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's back where I can imagine the newsstands buyers were actually wearing suits lol

Just the mind set? Or of who mostly wears suits today? Idk just makes me think who originally purchased and their reasoning for picking it up off the rack. Could be because my dad was born in 1940, had ink wells for pens at school and is still alive. :shy:

Good times. :)

Still cool books, of an era gone by :x

My dad was also born in '40. He was working in the shipyard in Corpus in '57 as a teenager when these books would have been on the stands.

It is interesting placing these books in that kind of personal context. Thanks for making me think of that.