• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hall of Shame and Probation Rules DISCUSSION
4 4

428 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

To be clear, Marketplace definition is Forum only selling, WTB ads. and dealers/ebay threads.  .  

I don't think they know that the marketplace even exists.  When they do, they better not give cause to shut the whole thing down. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think the moderation team is going to love-love-love it when the pokemon and magic collectors discover the marketplace and the marketplace discussion area.   They are already making quite the name for themselves in their sub-forum. 

First they gotta get their cards back and we all know that ain't gonna happen

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

To be clear, Marketplace definition is Forum only selling, WTB ads. and dealers/ebay threads.  .  

I don't think they know that the marketplace even exists.  When they do, they better not give cause to shut the whole thing down. 

Yeah, my definition was for the comic collectors.  It would be nice to keep affairs in the card section separate.   I haven't done much looking there but, they might need another forum or two.  

On 3/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, comicdonna said:

Yeah, my definition was for the comic collectors.  It would be nice to keep affairs in the card section separate.   I haven't done much looking there but, they might need another forum or two.  

I think this is the most prudent thing to do. Might even end up they need their own site ala coins

On 3/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, comicdonna said:

Maybe put the card sales forum in there?

It would be a huge attraction for 'cardies' - a headache for you mods, but a busy place for sure.

Look, some of the card guys are actually alright - I had a question, and everyone I asked reached out politely and helpfully.

I guess the waiting times are a shock - as it was for us comic guys when things began to pile up.

CGC can use the PSA closure to their advantage - in fact if CGC were to invest heavily with more machinery, graders and technicians, they could become a literal giant of the collectables market.

Oh and Mike, can you PLEASE, move the Rally Rd rubbish to the dealer section.

It's a business pure and simple, you don't see Comic Dealers tout their business constantly in CG, so why should Rally Rd?

If people are enamoured of it - fine, but put the thread where it belongs - in the dealer section.

It's really annoying a lot of people, as there is blatant trolling going on by boardies who should, and do, know better. :foryou:

8 minutes ago, Beige said:

Oh and Mike, can you PLEASE, move the Rally Rd rubbish to the dealer section.

It's a business pure and simple, you don't see Comic Dealers tout their business constantly in CG, so why should Rally Rd?

If people are enamoured of it - fine, but put the thread where it belongs - in the dealer section.

It's really annoying a lot of people, as there is blatant trolling going on by boardies who should, and do, know better. :foryou:

Does any of the posters here own the company Rally Rd?  If so, I will move it to the dealers section.   I locked it for now.  It does seem to be a problem thread.  

Just now, comicdonna said:

Does any of the posters here own the company Rally Rd?  If so, I will move it to the dealers section.   I locked it for now.  It does seem to be a problem thread.  

Not that I know of.

I do find it hard to equate the zeal shown by a couple of posters to NOT having a vested interest in the companies performance.

Regardless - it's blatant promotion of a business. The 'informative' stage of fractional ownership was covered many threads and many posts ago.

I have nothing against the 2 main protagonists, but it just seems to be used as a stick to bait others with now.

I'm not a fan of censoring things completely, but I am a believer that things should be in the appropriate place - which is the dealer section, as lets face it, all Rally Rd do, is buy and sell.

2c