• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hall of Shame and Probation Rules DISCUSSION
4 4

428 posts in this topic

"iceman399"

You have to read ALL the posts.

You don't think my post was about you do you? hm

You think more highly of yourself than you ought, and you think that this has something to do with you, personally.

Right.

Because "Wall of text incoming. Woot woot. Wall of text incoming" was directed at Pov.

:eyeroll:

I rarely make a wall of incoming text. My posts are succinct, thoughtful and sometimes humorous.

"iceman399"

You think more highly of yourself than you ought, and you think that this has something to do with you, personally.

Right.

Because "Wall of text incoming. Woot woot. Wall of text incoming" was directed at Pov.

I rarely make a wall of incoming text. My posts are succinct, thoughtful and sometimes humorous.

Yeah, that was the point.

Because you're talking to me.

I think that would be fairly obvious. Until you can no longer see my posts to comment on them, why would I ignore yours when they are direct responses to me? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Because you are the "Complete Ignore Function" God.

If you say so. I'm hardly the only one to request this.

Why would you NOT ignore my posts since you still have me on ignore?

Because you're talking directly to me. Why would you talk directly to me, and then expect me to ignore you?

To quote you, "Put about 10 more people on ignore in the last few days, and I pray they do the same to me....and actually LIVE BY IT." But you have me on ignore and do not "live by it". What's the deal?

One more time: because you're talking directly to me. Not trying to belabor the obvious.

When you don't talk to or about me, I ignore you.

This isn't rocket science. Why are you having such difficulty understanding it? And why are we even talking about this? What does this have to do with PL/HOS rules?

I understand now. You put someone on ignore so you cannot see what they post unless the post is directed at or about you. So I guess you are ultimately in favor of a Partial Ignore Function as opposed to the thread you created titled Complete Ignore Function.

What does this have to do with the PL/HOS Rules Discussions? The vast majority of folks expressing an opinion do not agree with your stance that someone paying PayPal Personal should be disqualified from making a PL nomination. They also point out that using Personal removes them from any responsibility of PayPal to offer protection (item not as described, not received etc.) So PayPal's "services", aside from sending/receiving money, are not being used. A case of caveat emptor.

Although the majority of opinions are in favor of leaving things as they are, you persist in making the identical argument, phrased differently, over and over, as if repetition will somehow make it so. It is as tiring to read as it is, I am sure, tiring to see me continue commenting on the Ignore function. So there it is. Simple truth, which I am sure you can appreciate.

RMA... you freely admit to selling to PL members in a public discussion we had.

As much as you want it to be, it's not that black and white.

My terms are quite clear: I will sell to members on the PL on a case by case basis, and they must pay PRIOR TO claiming anything.

Just like the American justice system, each case is handled individually. Not everyone charged with (insert crime here) is guilty, nor is each case the same.

That there are people on the PL, and even the HOS, because they simply got frustrated...rather than working it out, they just walked, is proof of that. Dan (what's her face's husband) is an excellent example of that. In my experience, he's not a bad guy...but he got such public drubbing, he said forget it.

Doesn't make what he did right...not at all...but it's certainly not the same as, say, ComicSupply or CapFreak.

There are very, very few people with the stomach for the high holy righteous wrath many of you are capable of, especially when you're in mob mode.

We do not throw out the entire American justice system simply because the innocent are sometimes convicted, while the guilty sometimes go free.

Are most of the people on the PL/HOS there because they deserve to be? Without a doubt. Are ALL of them? No. Which is why we consider things case by case, and do not apply monolithic "justice" to everyone with an issue.

Kitsune, who absolutely without a doubt embodies the spirit of those who thumb their noses at the community and deserves to be on the list will not be...though with all this sturm and drang, I may reconsider not selling to him to see if he'll actually pay. I have my doubts. But he absolutely embodies the PL, but won't be on it.

How many of you want to put me on th PL? Yet I have done nothing to merit it, according to its own rules (sorry, "unwritten rules" have no merit.)

Why not look at it like this to ease your mind on people "stealing" from Paypal.

Whenever you allow a PL member to purchase your goods, you are inadvertently being paid with stolen money.

I say that because that money is probably owed to another boardie for something that same buyer probably welched on.

In your terms (edited for space and lack of wall of text) ...

Why this is even up for debate is unfathomable. You use a service, you pay for the service. Using a service, and not paying for it, is stealing.

You aren't paying to use CGC's message board to sell your goods. You aren't paying it use the PL list to protect yourself. Use of the Boards is a free service though... and the PL list (also free but still a service) provides you at least some measure of security in who you are dealing with when it comes to sending payments.

You aren't concerned that the money you are taking from PL members is probably owed to someone else?

Why worry about Paypal Personal and some massive conglomerate's bottom line when you won't worry about ANY of the "Joe-Seller's" here on the boards ?

Again, it is your God given right to sell to whoever you choose to... but technically taking money from a PL member was probably owed to, or in similar terms stolen from, another boardie.

Does the fact you take PL members money like this make you a "thief" or a money laundering evil person? Should we exclude you from using the PL list to protect others? As much as I hate that you sell to those on the PL list, I don't think so. You still should be able to use it to protect others.

Please just try to realize that people who use Paypal Personal deserve the same rights you do.

"iceman399"

Right.

Yeah, that was the point.

o8ewr.jpg

RMA... you freely admit to selling to PL members in a public discussion we had.

As much as you want it to be, it's not that black and white.

My terms are quite clear: I will sell to members on the PL on a case by case basis, and they must pay PRIOR TO claiming anything.

Just like the American justice system, each case is handled individually. Not everyone charged with (insert crime here) is guilty, nor is each case the same.

That there are people on the PL, and even the HOS, because they simply got frustrated...rather than working it out, they just walked, is proof of that. Dan (what's her face's husband) is an excellent example of that. In my experience, he's not a bad guy...but he got such public drubbing, he said forget it.

Doesn't make what he did right...not at all...but it's certainly not the same as, say, ComicSupply or CapFreak.

There are very, very few people with the stomach for the high holy righteous wrath many of you are capable of, especially when you're in mob mode.

We do not throw out the entire American justice system simply because the innocent are sometimes convicted, while the guilty sometimes go free.

Are most of the people on the PL/HOS there because they deserve to be? Without a doubt. Are ALL of them? No. Which is why we consider things case by case, and do not apply monolithic "justice" to everyone with an issue.

Kitsune, who absolutely without a doubt embodies the spirit of those who thumb their noses at the community and deserves to be on the list will not be...though with all this sturm and drang, I may reconsider not selling to him to see if he'll actually pay. I have my doubts. But he absolutely embodies the PL, but won't be on it.

How many of you want to put me on th PL? Yet I have done nothing to merit it, according to its own rules (sorry, "unwritten rules" have no merit.)

Why not look at it like this to ease your mind on people "stealing" from Paypal.

Whenever you allow a PL member to purchase your goods, you are inadvertently being paid with stolen money.

I say that because that money is probably owed to another boardie for something that same buyer probably welched on.

I have never actually sold anything to anyone on any list, but that is neither here nor there.

As I have explained at great length elsewhere, the PL is flawed, and people have been on it who didn't belong on it, and people have NOT been on it, who did.

So, to state that I am "inadvertently being paid with stolen money" simply isn't accurate. Not only is it not accurate, but people go on the PL for things like simply not paying for an item they claimed. That isn't "stolen money", that's just not paying. Those who hit a BIN on eBay from me and don't pay haven't stolen from me (other than time.) Yes, it's a pain in the rear, and yes, it's a waste of time, but it's not theft.

Case-by-case means case-by-case. IF I am ever approached by a PL member to buy something, I will consider it on THAT case, by MY determination...just like everyone else has the right to do, and SHOULD do, rather than looking for the easy fix.

Read the very post of mine that you quoted, and you'll see the explanation why.

If you imagine that I will do business with people who have ACTIVELY stolen from others, and have YET to make restitution, you are gravely mistaken, and have completely and utterly ignored my entire history on these boards.

Let me say this so there is absolutely ZERO misunderstanding on your part:

Theft is theft.

It doesn't matter if it is from Paypal, or CGC, or a seller here, a buyer here, or ANYONE.

It is not acceptable, and I will not do business with anyone I know to be engaged in it, regardless of my personal feelings for them or the people they stole from.

But, you see...that's not all the PL contains, does it...?

No. It doesn't. And that is why I consider it on a CASE-BY-CASE basis.

I really, truly hope that clears it up for you.

In your terms (edited for space and lack of wall of text) ...

Why this is even up for debate is unfathomable. You use a service, you pay for the service. Using a service, and not paying for it, is stealing.

You aren't paying to use CGC's message board to sell your goods. You aren't paying it use the PL list to protect yourself. Use of the Boards is a free service though... and the PL list (also free but still a service) provides you at least some measure of security in who you are dealing with when it comes to sending payments.

Not if it's inaccurate, it doesn't. In fact, if it's inaccurate, it does more harm than good.

You aren't concerned that the money you are taking from PL members is probably owed to someone else?

See above.

Why worry about Paypal Personal and some massive conglomerate's bottom line when you won't worry about ANY of the "Joe-Seller's" here on the boards ?

"Won't worry"? That's a defamatory charge, not true, and based solely on your very narrow definition of what constitutes "worry." My actions tell a different story.

I'll do the same thing you're doing: so, because they are a "massive conglomerate" (they're not, but let's just say you're being loose with the language), it's perfectly ok to steal from them? That's what you're saying?

That theft is only conditional? That if an entity "can afford it" (solely by one's own personal determination, no less) it's "not bad?"

When you put the word stealing in quotes, it says that you don't really consider using a service and not paying for that service to be stealing. It's "stealing", to you. So, why would anyone consider your arguments about this, when you don't even think actual stealing is what it is?

But I DO consider your arguments, based on their merit or lack thereof. And this argument...that someone is "stealing" from others by doing business with people on the PL...completely fails as a blanket argument.

That is why it is case-by-case.

Again, it is your God given right to sell to whoever you choose to... but technically taking money from a PL member was probably owed to, or in similar terms stolen from, another boardie.

Does the fact you take PL members money this make you a "thief" or a money laundering evil person? Should we exclude you from using the PL list to protect others? As much as I hate that you sell to those on the PL list, I don't think so. You still should be able to use it to protect others.

Please just try to realize that people who use Paypal Personal deserve the same rights you do.

Your position here, unfortunately, fails on several points, as I've addressed, so your blanket claim that "doing business with PL people is stealing from others" is inaccurate, and everything that follows is necessarily flawed.

In an effort to prevent you from thinking I feel this is a "blanket argument" concerning theft... please point out the people on this list... through your case by case determination... who you would deal with in a business transaction on the boards... if you have time.

:bump: 06/14/15 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

mikeegg added to the Probation List

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicate the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Message Boards.

In an effort to prevent you from thinking I feel this is a "blanket argument" concerning theft... please point out the people on this list... through your case by case determination... who you would deal with in a business transaction on the boards... if you have time.

No, thank you. I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to appease your sensibilities. If and when someone approaches me, I'll make my own determination at that time. I have explained and defended my stance, in the interest of transparency, to a degree that is far more than would ever be required of anyone.

And post about each one? I think he's going to need a summer intern. :D

And post about each one? I think he's going to need a summer intern. :D

Are you volunteering?

:idea:

Do you have a foosball table in the break room? :wishluck:

Was somebody here not looking for FanBoy?He was posting today.

He paid after he was nominated.

Was there a nomination that I missed?

I was going to nominate him for the Probation List a few months ago because he backed out of a sale he had agreed to complete in the $2000 range. I forgave him because he cited health problems.

Seems to be a pattern here?

My first buyer complaint in over a decade.

Fan Boy purchased 2 comics from me at the end of May. Total with shipping is $28.

He is not responding to my multiple PM's although they are being read. It is now 6 weeks later and I would like him to be placed on the probation list so other sellers can be warned. Thank you.

That's exactly what happened to me.

He read PMs and didn't reply until I told him I was going to nominate him on the PL.

Seems to be a serial offender.