• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hall of Shame and Probation Rules DISCUSSION
4 4

428 posts in this topic

Apparently things change for some. :facepalm:

Communication is ALWAYS key. Life happens. Setting expectations makes everyone stress free.

That line you wrote - this is the SAME IDEA I have and use in practice, this I agree with you.

Unfortunately ... this fellow never replied to my last 2 PMs and that is now over 6 weeks since his last PM received. What happened? Unknown and there had been no update by him since. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Well, life happens!

LINK

My first buyer complaint in over a decade.

Fan Boy purchased 2 comics from me at the end of May. Total with shipping is $28.

He is not responding to my multiple PM's although they are being read. It is now 6 weeks later and I would like him to be placed on the probation list so other sellers can be warned. Thank you.

That's exactly what happened to me.

He read PMs and didn't reply until I told him I was going to nominate him on the PL.

Seems to be a serial offender.

he's on my list

In an effort to prevent you from thinking I feel this is a "blanket argument" concerning theft... please point out the people on this list... through your case by case determination... who you would deal with in a business transaction on the boards... if you have time.

:bump: 06/14/15 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

mikeegg added to the Probation List

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicate the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Message Boards.

I see at least half a dozen I currently deal with.

I am actually on the verge of completing a deal with someone on the list. I just saw they are on it. Does that mean I can back out of the deal? The books are worth a bit more now. It could be a win-win.

Good to know. hm

And they wouldn't be able to nominate me because they are on the list?

Maybe you can complete the deal and mention to them they might want to ship the books/pay for the books/stop screwing over whomever they screwed over.

That way the wheels of commerce keep turning and maybe they can fulfill their responsibilities like an adult should.

That's a big time win-win.

And if (when) that works be sure to pick up my book (ghost written)....I am all about the helping.

everybodyWins.jpg

Good to know. hm

And they wouldn't be able to nominate me because they are on the list?

(thumbs u Yes sir, its the perfect crime! lol

:whee:

Where to spend the extra money. hm

Still no answer on the status of the foosball table. :cry:

When Quadmann returns Kraven, then you can play with the foosball table.

Poor Kraven....held against his will and keeping me from foosing.

I just wanted to say that I will no longer accept PayPal personal payments for goods or services.

If I want the fee-free way, I will request money orders. If I want the recipient to have no fees, I will also send a money order.

Going forward, the only PayPal personal payments that I send will be money truly sent to friends or family as a gift, or in charity events that have been given the OK by PayPal. (I've been behind the scenes in about 6 charity events, and I know that PayPal has been asked for permission beforehand every time-I've called and asked before, myself)

In most cases, we know what is "the right thing to do" but sometimes we have difficulty doing it. I, for one, am appreciative of RMA reminding me of this. (thumbs u

I just wanted to say that I will no longer accept PayPal personal payments for goods or services.

If I want the fee-free way, I will request money orders. If I want the recipient to have no fees, I will also send a money order.

Going forward, the only PayPal personal payments that I send will be money truly sent to friends or family as a gift, or in charity events that have been given the OK by PayPal. (I've been behind the scenes in about 6 charity events, and I know that PayPal has been asked for permission beforehand every time-I've called and asked before, myself)

In most cases, we know what is "the right thing to do" but sometimes we have difficulty doing it. I, for one, am appreciative of RMA reminding me of this. (thumbs u

Great Post! :applause:

The law and morality are not the same thing. What is right is not necessarily lawful and what is lawful is not necessarily right.

History is full of examples of such. To conflate whether or not to use personal PayPal is theft or helping a friend save a couple of bucks is a tempest in a teapot.

It's not wise or desirable to debate whether someone who is cheated on a deal deserved it.

:gossip:

:whispers: Andy, wiggle your jello slowly if he's standing right behind you.... :whispers:

jurassic-jello.gif

The law and morality are not the same thing. What is right is not necessarily lawful and what is lawful is not necessarily right.

History is full of examples of such. To conflate whether or not to use personal PayPal is theft or helping a friend save a couple of bucks is a tempest in a teapot.

It's not wise or desirable to debate whether someone who is cheated on a deal deserved it.

It's true. There are many things that are lawful that aren't remotely right. But the law has nothing whatsoever to do with this discussion.

To argue that it is a "tempest in a teapot" to call it what it is: using a service, for which that service charges, without paying for that service, which is stealing...well, that's unfortunate.

Many injustices can be justified by "I'm just trying to help." The road to hell, good intentions, etc.

Stealing a single grape at the store isn't a big deal in and of itself. But it creates ripples and repercussions that are far, far greater than the value of that single grape.

As someone's sigline here says:

"Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche. - - Lesley Conger"