• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooby Doo Spooky Spectacular 2000

16 posts in this topic

So I am walking my kid to the bus stop and I notice him reading this and he is going to take it to school for his buddies to read, etc. I start kidding him that it's a rare collectible probably worth $50 and he should be careful not to trash it (well, that's a little too late as he has read it 20 times already) he starts freaking out and tells me to take it back home...I tell him I'm just kidding.

Anyway, I've tried to look it up and I can't find it on ebay, mile high, mycs, etc. 1999 and 2001 turn up, but not 2000. Is this one actually hard to find or does nobody care?

blob, my heart breaks when I hear this story... Mostly because my own 10-year old son acts the same way.

I try not to make him think that comics=$, but he always sees the price guides, watches me negotiate at shows, etc... When he gets comics, he worries about how to handle them. You should see him with his copy of "New Teen Titans #10 2nd Deathstroke signed by George Perez holy grail".

So I've just started buying him beater copies of gold key titles like Tom and Jerry, or Supergoof... He loves these, and treasures them because they're "so old" rather than "valuable". Kudos to you for giving your son stuff he can read AND wreck.

it's my fault, i was joking with him about it being a valuable treasure, he was not even considering it, and now i am curious whether this was some obscure low print run issue. i like the fact that he is 9, and like me at 9, just enjoys reading the darn things. but i wouldn't mind him getting a little savy from the collecting perspective as i need a young one to help me run my comics empire. unfortunately, right now he does not know how to touch a NM comic without turning it into a VF comic.

he does not generally view these as being worth anything and just enjoys reading them, although he knows i have some that are worth something. part of this is because i give him comics that really aren't worth anything, but that he will enjoy reading. he finds bags and boards to be a huge pain in the rear. his comics are NOT mint after he is done reading them (and after his 3.5 year old brother takes them on the potty with him to "read", which is a hilarious sight)

Overstreet #11 had it priced at $4 for NM (same as all of the other spooky spectaculars), back in 2010. And with the only sale of the #1999 on ebay being $7 in the past year, the #2000 is probably the same value.

Also, since Mile High has it listed as $9 (NM) if they had one, its probably a less-than-ten dollar book. Unless there is some relevance that people are aware of that would make it desirable (First appearance of Fred's orange neckerchief?).

-Terry

???

There are only 2 issues in the Mile High link and that's one of them.

no, 1999 and 2001 are listed, not 2000, the nadir of comic publishing. the 2000 thingy looks to be a scholastic book or something.

Overstreet #11 had it priced at $4 for NM (same as all of the other spooky spectaculars), back in 2010. And with the only sale of the #1999 on ebay being $7 in the past year, the #2000 is probably the same value.

Also, since Mile High has it listed as $9 (NM) if they had one, its probably a less-than-ten dollar book. Unless there is some relevance that people are aware of that would make it desirable (First appearance of Fred's orange neckerchief?).

-Terry

overstreet does not pick up real info for weird obscure comics that are desirable to some weird niche group because it had a ridiculously low print-run. you could make a six figure salary buying some specific books at overstreet prices and selling them at FMV if you can find them.

1999 is listed at $9 on mile high. 2000 is not listed at all.

anyway, it's a moot point, it is now trashed as all his little buddies have been reading it during lunch all week, as a comic should be!

i'm guessing it probably had a low print run as a $3.99 book in 2000, but that collectors, even scooby collectors (all 53 of them) just don't care so there isn't some 9.8 slab out there someone is asking some nose bleed price on because it is the only one out there.

???

There are only 2 issues in the Mile High link and that's one of them.

no, 1999 and 2001 are listed, not 2000, the nadir of comic publishing. the 2000 thingy looks to be a scholastic book or something.

Well, somebody is missing something here.

scooby.jpg

i just went into mile high for the umpteenth time and the 2000 does not pop up when i search. i'm not sure how you're getting that screen, but it does not come up for me. just the 1999 one.

whatever, if i see it in a dollar box I'll get it again!

i just went into mile high for the umpteenth time and the 2000 does not pop up when i search. i'm not sure how you're getting that screen, but it does not come up for me. just the 1999 one.

whatever, if i see it in a dollar box I'll get it again!

FYI, Mile High's search engine is very picky:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=72860743064%202000