• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS on Starz (2017)
3 3

163 posts in this topic

The book definitely did not skimp on violence and strange vibes.  Can't wait to watch it.

Edited by 1Cool

A review said the 1st season is only the first third of the book so they are definitely taking it slow.

I think if you were just watching the show, with no knowledge of the Novel or Comic, you might not have made it past the first half hour. I personally enjoyed it, not 100% faithful to the book, but overall I saw enough to keep me interested. 

Never read the books but have enough faith in Neil Gaiman's work (especially Sandman) to have watched the first episode. I really enjoyed it without having any previous knowledge of the series! (thumbsu

I checked on amazon prime video Friday afternoon and it showed I could watch the show (it was green and stated watch now), so I go to watch it in the evening and it's gone to a needed subscription for Starz yellow.  That was a disappointment to the evening.

25 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Sorry that was the last episode I could take. You can probably guess why..

while the show is good, it tries too hard to be controversial, and in this case it just crossed the line with me. 

Hope it does well. Just not with me

So I guess 'tipping the cab driver' took on a new meaning with this episode for you.

(:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So I guess 'tipping the cab driver' took on a new meaning with this episode for you.

(:

The scene largely took place the same way in the book. 2c

41 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Sorry that was the last episode I could take. You can probably guess why..

while the show is good, it tries too hard to be controversial, and in this case it just crossed the line with me. 

Hope it does well. Just not with me

It was in the book so I'm glad they stayed true to the source.  Was a bit awkward but that's just because it's something I try to not think abour 

I'm pretty sure there was a way to edit this scene to make it appeal to all viewers but it was probably directed that way just to spark a conversation along those lines of "what can we and can't we show". 

Which I'm going to avoid. 

So feel free to support it while I won't. 

Cool?