• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Annuals 1999-2001

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the print-runs on these were like? Other than maybe X-Men, I don't see a ton these. I like some of the covers a lot, so I pick them up when I see them priced right. Generally speaking I seep an eye out for Marvels from that stretch anyway, although some DCs are probably in the same boat print-run wise. It always seems that Marvel books tend to pop more, and longer, when something motivates a price spike. Yes, I know, I sound greedy, but kids are expensive.

Any thought on whether they have any potential to fetch more than their current nothingness or does nothing of relevance/1st apps happen in them, so the fact that they might have reasonably low print runs is not going to push them. I know, it's not going to be like a book like Deadpool where the whole run sells reasonably well.

yeah, i don't think i have that spidey one. and i guess the "not much happening in them" is the reason why nobody cares. they're going to stay in my "needs more time to ferment" boxes.

Beyond some of the early Annuals, did much ever happen in Annuals?

yeah, i don't think i have that spidey one. and i guess the "not much happening in them" is the reason why nobody cares. they're going to stay in my "needs more time to ferment" boxes.

Beyond some of the early Annuals, did much ever happen in Annuals?

First gambit. First (American appearance of) Psylocke. First Speedball?

Really, it was the end of an era (not the 1900s). The death of Annuals.

I agree with you, the print run was likely stupid small. I remember they didn't sell well either.

I'm sure it will depend on the character and the timing of selling. Machine Man probably won't sell as well, but I guess it was even lower than an ASM Annual.

I recall a year that they were all cross-over annuals. I actually thought it was a great idea to bolster sales, but things were bad at that time.

Patrick

A lot of good stuff happened in annuals over the years, but yeah, I don't know about this particular three-year stretch.

Of course, I have a soft spot for them as this was exciting stuff for a kiddie in the 70s -- having a comic with all that extra reading goodness in it where the story was wrapped up all in that issue (which happened more back then, true). things were so different then, if it was a rainy saturday or sunday afternoon there was nothing to do but read as there was NOTHING on TV for the most part (ok, they did show gozilla and kung-fu movies on one local station, but some of them i had seen a zillions times already) given that I could only (sometimes) get NBC and ABC (I NEVER was able to get CBS during my childhood and I lived in NYC!), and only the three local channels and PBS with our shirt hanger antennae. I can only imagine what it was like in the hinterlands TV reception wise before cable tv. I know we'd go out to suffolk county during the summer and would be lucky to get one channel.

Peter-MJ wedding

First solo Silver Surfer story

First solo Venom story

Is that First Kill from ASM Annual 26? If it is, I didn't know that was the first solo. Brilliant read.

It was a three part series. Only read the first part myself and it was pretty brutal.