• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 8

158 posts in this topic

OMG, I lost count of the spine stresses on that ASM 300 and I literally cannot believe CGC gave that a 9.6. What are my newstand-fresh bulk copies, 11's? :censored:

Agreed. I thought I was being generous giving it a 9.0. The black back cover made everything stand out even more.

OMG, I lost count of the spine stresses on that ASM 300 and I literally cannot believe CGC gave that a 9.6. What are my newstand-fresh bulk copies, 11's? :censored:

Totally agree with ya. I gave it the benefit of a doubt and gave it a 9.4...ugh.

I thought 9.6 all day at first.

The ASM 300 has a lot of ticks, those are not imaginary. I was pretty surprised to see the grade it got, to be completely honest.

The Astonishing is a gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous book. (worship)

The ASM 300 has a lot of ticks, those are not imaginary. I was pretty surprised to see the grade it got, to be completely honest.

Then why is it in a grading contest? hm

Seriously, we probably all have or have seen freakshow books that CGC obviously screwed the pooch on, but what does nailing that grade prove, other than that you need glasses?

The Astonishing is a gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous book. (worship)

That it is :cloud9:

So did you have to send two separate gift baskets to Florida for the TTA 13 and the ASM 300, or will one really nice one (Edible Arrangements...something like that) cover both books?

lol(tsk)

I was set to go 9.2/9.4 on the Spidey based on the BC spine, but as I continued scrutinizing it (usually not a good idea), it really looked like there was a tiny puncture in the lower right, and a dent or two on Spidey himself. Anything actually there?

Then why is it in a grading contest? hm

Seriously, we probably all have or have seen freakshow books that CGC obviously screwed the pooch on, but what does nailing that grade prove, other than that you need glasses?

Because it was one of the books I selected for it. Nothing sneaky going on here.

I had it

Amazing Spider-Man 300: 9.4

Astonishing 29: 9.6

I was certain I had completely over graded them for some reason.

Also-- they have this labelled as an Atlas book-- but wasn't it put out by Bell Features? There is a Bell Features information on the back cover.

crazy round-- I think I need to stop watching the thread and all the antics of the emoticons, people freaking out, and the organizers sending us mixed messages.

lol-- nah-- I stick it out-- that was kind fun in a torture-like sort of way.

We are guessing what CGC would do :gossip: correct

Sure, but the only way you give that ASM 300 a 9.6 is if a) you are psychic or b) you are blind.

I can honestly understand that Groot 2.0 and WF 6.5 better, as there is some wiggle room at the lower grades, but there is no way in heII that this ASM 300 should have sniffed a 9.6 grade.

The Astonishing book is jaw dropping...best book in the contest so far in my opinion!

Yeah, if that spine tick-ridden ASM is a 9.6, that Astonishing is a 12.5.

You should submit some ASM 300s to CGC. That is a CGC 9.6 on that particular book. That is how they grade them. Is what it is.