• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series question

27 posts in this topic

the signature has to relate to the comic

That is exactly right. However, I have found that even the slightest connection will work.

For example, I have an Origin #1 signed by Herb Trimpe. And that was done for the Signature Series.

Five degrees of separation....

Why does cgc care who signs the book? If I sign my own book in front of them and want them to slab it does it really matter that I didnt write the book? Who cares who it is....

Now on to my question for peter...How tough would it be to get about 50 copies of a book signed by 1 person and slabbed?

Over on valiantcomics.com we do a few fan projects a year. One of which might be a CGC SS book. basically we would be looking at doing 50 copies of say Rai 0 and having it signed by Lapham or someone like that...How hard would it be to get all 50 of the slabbed with yellow labels?

Does cgc have any problems is the person not only signs them, but also numbers them and maybe even a remark? As long as they see it all?

thanks..

Peter may answer as well, but Dave Sim & Gerhard signed and numbered the 100 issues of Cerebus 300 submitted to CGC for Signature Series. CGC even noted on the label the number (eg. 95/100).

The trick is getting a CGC witness for the signing, that's all. If there isn't one locally you can arrange to have one come to you, but that's not cheap if flights are involved. Another method would be to do it at a con that CGC and David Lapham are at and arrange for a time when a witness could be present to witness.

Hello,

Getting 50 copies signed by one artist is up to the artist. I usually offer the artist a donation to the charity of their choice. Most artists are very helpful and agree to meet at the end of their signing or some other time so as not to put out the other fans. As for the numbering it is up to CGC. We have done it before, one example being the Dave Sim Cerebus #300's.

If you'd like more information on how to go about doing this feel free to send me an email or give me a call.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

416 487-9807

Hey Brad,

As far as I know CGC won't be at Pittsburgh, however, Paradise will have a CGC witness or two with them so Signature Series service will be available at that con so you can get books signed by Michael Turner, George Perez, etc. in Pittsburgh for Signature Series.

If anyone is interested, drop by the Paradise Comics dealer table and Peter will be there to do the proper paperwork. The books will be sent to CGC for grading and encapsulation.

Also, if there is anyone who can't make it to Toronto, but can make it to Pittsburgh and want books signed by the Toronto guests (like Ellis and Bendis), they can pre-submit them to Paradise in Pittsburgh (and for that matter also in Orlando next weekend and at Wizard World LA in March) for signing at the Toronto show on April 29-May 1.

The only thing we cannot do is have the same books signed by creators at multiple shows, as that is against CGC Signature Series policy.

Kevin