• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Have Done My Job

26 posts in this topic

The 9 1/2 year old is a voracious comic reader. I think he might get a PhD in Avengers history as well.

The little guy (3 1/2) is a hoot sitting on the potty "reading" a comic.

Last night the little guy, for his nightly story, asks me to tell him a story about him and the Hulks -- both GREEN and RED. Seriously, how many 3 1/2 year olds are thinking about red hulk when they want a story? Of course, this makes my life more complicated as I have to do different voices for each and they have to have different personalities, otherwise he ain't buying it.

Last night the little guy, for his nightly story, asks me to tell him a story about him and the Hulks -- both GREEN and RED. Of course, this makes my life more complicated as I have to do different voices for each and they have to have different personalities, otherwise he ain't buying it.

Think you could do this as a youtube video or podcast for the rest of us to enjoy.

The 9 1/2 year old is a voracious comic reader. I think he might get a PhD in Avengers history as well.

Last night the little guy, for his nightly story, asks me to tell him a story about him and the Hulks -- both GREEN and RED. Seriously, how many 3 1/2 year olds are thinking about red hulk when they want a story? Of course, this makes my life more complicated as I have to do different voices for each and they have to have different personalities, otherwise he ain't buying it.

From one to another (thumbs u

SuperDad1.jpg

well, i dunno about super dad, i am pretty kra*ptacular in many ways, but yes, almost every night i tell him or read him a story (i prefer telling because it is hard to read with the lights dimmed) and then i promptly pass out for 20 or 30 minutes until my wife harasses me to wake me up to do laundry or cook dinner or both.

Last night the little guy, for his nightly story, asks me to tell him a story about him and the Hulks -- both GREEN and RED. Of course, this makes my life more complicated as I have to do different voices for each and they have to have different personalities, otherwise he ain't buying it.

Think you could do this as a youtube video or podcast for the rest of us to enjoy.

:popcorn:

i have to ad lib them on the spot because he tells me then and there who the characters need to be. some of the stories are pretty bad, but sometimes i get on a roll and i am reasonably clever and entertaining. quite often they also involve cookies because that seems to be what he thinks about a lot before going to sleep.

of course, by the time i wake up from passing out i can't really remember the stories, just the characters i was asked to use.

Awesome job!

I realized I'd made it when my son insisted the new prequel trilogy wasn't Star Wars. He could also tell the difference between a Hoth Stormtrooper and Endor Stormtrooper with relative ease at 2.

It is a cool feeling. Nicely done!

Early literacy is a leading factor in life success. :sumo:

Early literacy is a leading factor in life success. :sumo:

Oh yeah well I didn't learn to read till I was 8!....... thus proving your theory :facepalm:

well, i dunno about super dad, i am pretty kra*ptacular in many ways, but yes, almost every night i tell him or read him a story (i prefer telling because it is hard to read with the lights dimmed) and then i promptly pass out for 20 or 30 minutes until my wife harasses me to wake me up to do laundry or cook dinner or both.

This is so awesome!

One of my favorite things is telling my son stories as he drifts off to sleep. I make up some crazy random stuff, too. Like your boy, my son tells me the characters and I make it up on the spot. One of my favorites was Batman driving the General Lee through space and saving a police officer who was on Mars trying to save aliens from a giant dinosaur.

Anyway, what comics are you reading your boys? My son will listen/watch me read anything, but some of the current comics seems too violent or too convoluted to follow. My son is 5.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

+1 I think we're all eagerly awaiting the video.

yeah, last night it was green hulk, red hulk, captain america and iron man on planet ___ (oh he came up with a good name for me to use, but i forget now). they may revoke my father of the year trophy on this one as about 30 seconds into the story i was rambling incoherently and about 60 seconds in i passed out. kyle was kind enough not to yell at me about it and decided to do the same (fall asleep). usually he is yelling at me "finish the story!" when i start falling asleep in the middle. so much for drinking a cup of coffee at 9 before putting them to bed, that was pretty useless.

yeah, last night it was green hulk, red hulk, captain america and iron man on planet ___ (oh he came up with a good name for me to use, but i forget now). they may revoke my father of the year trophy on this one as about 30 seconds into the story i was rambling incoherently and about 60 seconds in i passed out. kyle was kind enough not to yell at me about it and decided to do the same (fall asleep). usually he is yelling at me "finish the story!" when i start falling asleep in the middle. so much for drinking a cup of coffee at 9 before putting them to bed, that was pretty useless.
I absolutely love this story. That's love right there. You two seem to have a good bond.

I'm so taking my boy to the comic shop today.