• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice for shipping a comic

9 posts in this topic

I'm shipping one comic to a boardie. I've got it packaged thanks to advice I got in a previous thread.

I'm trying to set up shipping online as I've seen many threads here that advise it's faster and cheaper, and I like that combo very much.first class rate of around $1.70. When I actually try to print the label, it requires to use priority mail at a cost of $5.70. I wouldn't mind paying that for a fellow boardie, except that I don't have any priority supplies and I've already packaged it.

Am I just missing something, or can you only do online if you ship priority?

I found this:

You can't print First Class postage through USPS.com but you can print postage for a First Class package through eBay or PayPal.

You could go to the original transaction and use the 'Print another label" link but IIRC that would update the tracking to the date of the new label. So it's better to print the postage off-Bay through the PayPal page where you can print a label for anything you like.

www.paypal.com/shipnow

You do have to be sure that your piece is a package, not a letter or flat. The most straightforward way to do that is to make sure it's over 3/4 inch thick (at least at one pont).

That's great info. This is one comic, with two boards and two pieces of cardboard in a bubble mailer. I'm not sure if that will qualify. Guess I have to go dig out my kid's ruler. :)

Kav. Yeah, I learned that AFTER I packaged the comic. I'll be ordering a few of those. I don't know how oftern I'll be mailing, though. This was just a pay it forward thing.