• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What % of the spenders on this board

38 posts in this topic

are at SDCC right now?

Mrs. Blob (who isn't fat, just want to make clear, I don't want to be killed in my sleep for inadvertently implying that) is yelling at me to help her pay for baby blob's (now an almost 10 year old string bean about the same height as his grandmother who will probably dwarf me in 3 years) camp and I have a big phat stack of nice BA avengers I am about to scan, but criminey, if the high rollers are all frolicking in San Diego (you know, the folks who can afford $15 comics), maybe I wait...

are at SDCC right now?

Mrs. Blob (who isn't fat, just want to make clear, I don't want to be killed in my sleep for inadvertently implying that) is yelling at me to help her pay for baby blob's (now an almost 10 year old string bean about the same height as his grandmother who will probably dwarf me in 3 years) camp and I have a big phat stack of nice BA avengers I am about to scan, but criminey, if the high rollers are all frolicking in San Diego (you know, the folks who can afford $15 comics), maybe I wait...

Why is his grandmother about to grow? (shrug)

are at SDCC right now?

Why is his grandmother about to grow? (shrug)

there should be an "and" in there

People that buy $15 comics are considered high rollers? If so, I must be a whale.

-Terry

Well, some of these are probably press and slab candidates, so really the total investment might be more like $30-$50 a pop at the end of the day, i dunno.

I get the feeling that more boardies go to NYCC than SDCC, probably because it is such a clusterphuck to get a ticket to SDCC, but maybe I'm wrong as it is such a clusterphuck to get to and stay in NYC, so unless you're local...

If you're selling at a fixed price, go ahead. You only need one buyer whether they go to SDCC or not.

If you're hoping for an active auction, you probably want to wait until your potential bidders will be watching.

However, if your potential bidders did go to SDCC and you wait a week or so for them to return, who is to say if they return with any money leftover? lol

greggy is at SDCC. that's the biggest % of board spending right there.

that should make for a fun update in the "what's new in your collection" thread...his normal posts make my scrolling finger hurt lol

Couch Tour…

:headbang:

Honestly, I can never see myself going to San Diego for Comic Con… Comic Con is every week these days with Heritage, Clink, Comic Connect and eBay auctions. Last time I was in San Diego I don't believe I even thought of comics.

$15 per book is not the big spender crowd.

oy vey, you southerners don't have a sarcasm detection meter

Yes I do...it's just turned off right now. I'm from New York you see, so when it's on I frequently burn it out with my own elocutions. It's far too expensive to keep fixing it every day, so I keep it off.

lol

Couch Tour…

:headbang:

Honestly, I can never see myself going to San Diego for Comic Con… Comic Con is every week these days with Heritage, Clink, Comic Connect and eBay auctions. Last time I was in San Diego I don't believe I even thought of comics.

i apparently can get free passes for me and my family every year now (and yes, i have to be the one using them, so there's no scalping scenario that works and the person giving them to me knows my kids, so i can't bring eleven 43 year olds in as my "children"), but it would still cost thousands just to get out there and stay somewhere, so it's not doable unless one of us has business out there, which hasn't happened for 6 or 7 years and there's no way one of my wife's scientific conferences would be held during SDCC (one was held the week before though). plus, with the cost of tables i can't imagine the dollar boxes will be well stocked.

Yes I do...it's just turned off right now. I'm from New York you see, so when it's on I frequently burn it out with my own elocutions. It's far too expensive to keep fixing it every day, so I keep it off.

I have noticed that New Yorkers who live in the south long enough often lose it or it is on the fritz until they pass north of the mason-dixon line. It's probably a survival mechanism because there are too many folks legally packing heat in stand your ground states to be too sarcastic all the time.

Anyway, I have to be very careful in what I say around relatives from western virginia, south carolina, etc. They just aren't used to my Yankee smart mouth talking ways.