• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What % of the spenders on this board

38 posts in this topic

$15 per book is not the big spender crowd.

oy vey, you southerners don't have a sarcasm detection meter

Yes I do...it's just turned off right now. I'm from New York you see, so when it's on I frequently burn it out with my own elocutions. It's far too expensive to keep fixing it every day, so I keep it off.

I have noticed that New Yorkers who live in the south long enough often lose it or it is on the fritz until they pass north of the mason-dixon line. It's probably a survival mechanism because there are too many folks legally packing heat in stand your ground states to be too sarcastic all the time.

Anyway, I have to be very careful in what I say around relatives from western virginia, south carolina, etc. They just aren't used to my Yankee smart mouth talking ways.

The Mason-Dixon Line goes all the way to Pennsylvania...just how far north do you need to be to detect sarcasm? ;)

Yes I do...it's just turned off right now. I'm from New York you see, so when it's on I frequently burn it out with my own elocutions. It's far too expensive to keep fixing it every day, so I keep it off.

I have noticed that New Yorkers who live in the south long enough often lose it or it is on the fritz until they pass north of the mason-dixon line. It's probably a survival mechanism because there are too many folks legally packing heat in stand your ground states to be too sarcastic all the time.

Anyway, I have to be very careful in what I say around relatives from western virginia, south carolina, etc. They just aren't used to my Yankee smart mouth talking ways.

Anything south of New Jersey is considered "The South" as far as I am concerned. For further evidence look no further than where there is NASCAR. There is Nascar in Delaware. Delaware is south of New Jersey. Again, anything south of New Jersey is "The South."

I've been here over 9 years now and my temper has gotten far far worse, but only when I've been in relationships. I don't understand it, really.

I can't afford San Diego, because I spend too much money buying books on the boards. :sorry:

OP, let's hope "Mrs. Blob" can detect it when I tell her what you've been calling her. :D

are you going to vin's exhibition tonight?

you missed a good time in june. i know that's a lot of money for a few hours of not so open bar, but it was fun.

Anything south of New Jersey is considered "The South" as far as I am concerned. For further evidence look no further than where there is NASCAR. There is Nascar in Delaware. Delaware is south of New Jersey. Again, anything south of New Jersey is "The South."

A southerner once told me that "the south" to her ends in VA, cause everyone from that point on is simply rude and talks with their hands.

So I guess there're alot of yankees on these boards

I can't afford San Diego, because I spend too much money buying books on the boards. :sorry:

I can afford it but would rather just buy from Heritage, C-Link and eBay.. I know I give up the experience but most of the big shows are just not worth it.

I can afford it but would rather just buy from Heritage, C-Link and eBay.. I know I give up the experience but most of the big shows are just not worth it.

Honestly, I can never see myself going to San Diego for Comic Con… Comic Con is every week these days with Heritage, Clink, Comic Connect and eBay auctions. Last time I was in San Diego I don't believe I even thought of comics.

Well, why not the best of both worlds then.......how about a major auction right during the SD Con with all of those fans right there! :idea:

Oh yeah, never mind......Heritage tried this several years ago with one of their major summer Signature auction held right down there at the SD Con. Managed to draw a crowd of less than 20 people when there were something like 150,000 attendees at the Con. :o

If I remembered correctly, there were more Heritage people there than there were potential bidders. I thought more people would have turned up just for all of the free food and refreshments that Heritage made available to anybody that showed up. lol

I wonder if I live closest to SDCC out of those of us not attending? 129 miles away.

Nope. :cry:

I know.

I'm 10 minutes from the convention center,

and my son lives one block from Petco.

Since Petco has 1,200 locations, that's not very impressive... and I don't know what it has to do with SDCC.

lol

(just kidding, but seriously, the first time I read that I thought "a block from a Petco... who cares?")

I wonder if I live closest to SDCC out of those of us not attending? 129 miles away.

Nope. :cry:

I know.

I'm 10 minutes from the convention center,

and my son lives one block from Petco.

Since Petco has 1,200 locations, that's not very impressive... and I don't know what it has to do with SDCC.

lol

(just kidding, but seriously, the first time I read that I thought "a block from a Petco... who cares?")

doh! Oh, yes. Petco Park, that is.

People that buy $15 comics are considered high rollers? If so, I must be a whale.

-Terry

Well, some of these are probably press and slab candidates, so really the total investment might be more like $30-$50 a pop at the end of the day, i dunno.

I get the feeling that more boardies go to NYCC than SDCC, probably because it is such a clusterphuck to get a ticket to SDCC, but maybe I'm wrong as it is such a clusterphuck to get to and stay in NYC, so unless you're local...

I still think for the show that the most boardies go to is still WWChicago. The central location certainly helps.

Jim