• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hobgoblin on the big screen? Who will be the new Spidey film villains?

37 posts in this topic

I know people had issues with the green goblin in the movies. Some loved him, others hated him. What do you think the chances are of having the Hobgoblin show up eventually in a Spidey movie?

Who do you think the villain(s) will be in the new films?

Never. Since we have seen the Green Goblin in 3 movies already.

exactly.

I loved the goblin characters in the comics, but HATE them in the movies...

Spider-man 1 was great for the 1st half. The 2nd half with the frozen goblin tribal mask sucked! Even Willem Dafoe's supreme acting skills couldn't get past it.

Spider-man 3's was a slop fest and the tied with Amazing 2 as the worst Spider-man flicks

to date and both had the goblin!

I just hope that Sony can give up the rights before people loathe the character, because the level of suckage in these movies is epic!

I mean think about it Spidey has these Characters left...

Kraven

Mysterio

Vulture

Chameleon

Scorpion

Spider Slayers

Shocker

Morbius

Hammerhead

Man-Wolf

Punisher

Jackal

Tarantula

Jigsaw

Molten man

Blackcat

The Rose

Puma

A Real Venom movie

Carnage

After seeing this pretty solid list of baddies, why would another goblin work???

That would be almost as silly as how DC keeps trying to shove an ultra serious superman down our throats!

:P

I thought Goblin in Spider Man 1 was perfect. Better than the comics. Top notch.

Knob Goblin might be cool but I doubt he'll make it into the films there's too many other A list villains.

I'm really pulling for Kraven or Mysteio as the villain in the next movie. But in all honesty, I'm not too excited for Spiderman in the MCU. I would've much rather had his role filled by Antman which seems like what they were going towards until they made the deal.

I don't see the Sinister Six happening now that a new Spider-Man is in the works. I would love to see it, but not sure if its being scrapped. I would also hope to see them develop the villains over the course of a few movies and then band together to take on Spidey for a cool trilogy or 4 movie epic. They could even give him some help by doing the Black Cat or Spiderwoman.

Pretty good since I gave my ASM #238 away in the PIF.

lol

But they could include Hobgoblin in a Gang War storyline, along with a few other interesting characters.

2444027-amazingspider_man284.jpg

2444103-amazingspider_man285.jpg

2444123-amazingspider_man288.jpg

If only we had an actor already playing him.... hm

kingpin.jpg

Yeah guess I should've looked it up since I'm not watching the Netflix show. Then again, they did have two different actors playing Quicksilver.

That's an entirely different situation. The Kingpin is wholly owned by Marvel and the version we currently have in the Netflix series is the one and only MCU version, who very likely has a movie option in his contract (as Charlie Cox has alluded to), meaning if they bring Kingpin into the Spidey mix it will still be the current guy.

Fox has joint rights to Quicksilver with Marvel, but the two companies are running separate cinematic universes, meaning that Taylor Johnson's and Peters' Quicksilvers are two entirely separate characters.

Marvel could, in theory, recast Kingpin, but I really don't see why they'd do that if they happy with the current version and the actor intends to stick around.

If only we had an actor already playing him.... hm

kingpin.jpg

Yeah guess I should've looked it up since I'm not watching the Netflix show. Then again, they did have two different actors playing Quicksilver.

That's an entirely different situation. The Kingpin is wholly owned by Marvel and the version we currently have in the Netflix series is the one and only MCU version, who very likely has a movie option in his contract (as Charlie Cox has alluded to), meaning if they bring Kingpin into the Spidey mix it will still be the current guy.

Fox has joint rights to Quicksilver with Marvel, but the two companies are running separate cinematic universes, meaning that Taylor Johnson's and Peters' Quicksilvers are two entirely separate characters.

Marvel could, in theory, recast Kingpin, but I really don't see why they'd do that if they happy with the current version and the actor intends to stick around.

(thumbs u

Then fatten this guy up. He looks like he's been on Weight Watchers.

TOTALLY agree. Very physically underwhelming compared to his comic counterpart - still, I think his face looks the part and his acting was stellar in the series, so I maintain that he was the best casting choice. Check the series out when you can! (Thumbs u

TOTALLY agree. Very physically underwhelming compared to his comic counterpart - still, I think his face looks the part and his acting was stellar in the series, so I maintain that he was the best casting choice. Check the series out when you can! (Thumbs u

I'm definitely going to check it out. I would rather have better acting than a fatter Kingpin who can box.