• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ranking the Non-Pedigree Original Owner Collections
1 1

208 posts in this topic

Circle 8, Diamond Run, and Mile High II have been dropped by CGC as recognized Pedigrees.

The Oregon Collection, introduced by Metropolis I believe, had a lot of White Paged early DC Silver.

.... the Circle 8 is the one that puzzles me the most.... how could a hoard of such size have so little information about it ? I have a few of the mid 50's Atlas books and they're stunning. I'd heard it went into the SA proper and even had an AF 15. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Charleston Collection is one of the more recent Metropolis discoveries. Also, the Moondog-Dr. Fate Collection had some stunning books. Brad Squared was another one.

The Toronto collection was chock full of nice 50's books. The RJ Long/ Portsmouth collection had some real nice early SA books. Probably out of everything I've heard mentioned so far, the Pedigree that "should have been" was Edenwald. GOD BLESS....

Weren't they recognized as a ped for a while? Or am I confusing them with another collection? hm

Southern States Collection

Kind of funny that this didn't get a ped designation. Consists solely of number 1 issues (I think) but they all seem to be high grade. I wonder if DTA didn't want to wait around for CGC to decide on the designation or whether they turned him down.

Mostly of interest to romance collectors -- particularly Baker collectors -- but the Sixth Street collection, all of which to this date hasn't yet made it to market because of legal entanglements, had high-grade copies of some very, very tough issues.

The Charleston Collection is one of the more recent Metropolis discoveries. Also, the Moondog-Dr. Fate Collection had some stunning books. Brad Squared was another one.

I went through a few hundred of the Brad Squared leftovers and ended up buying a few. They were all over the place. You had a handful of books that were 9.6-9.8 that were just so cheap they weren't worth auctioning and then there were a ton of books that were just soft grade-wise. Two of the Daredevils in my run are from that collection (141 and 147)

The Toronto collection was chock full of nice 50's books. The RJ Long/ Portsmouth collection had some real nice early SA books. Probably out of everything I've heard mentioned so far, the Pedigree that "should have been" was Edenwald. GOD BLESS....

Weren't they recognized as a ped for a while? Or am I confusing them with another collection? hm

perhaps you're thinking toledo--that's another defrocked one.

Newsboys, among other books, contained an incredible set of early Showcases including the 9.6 Showcase 4.

I believe Comiclink has a drop down menu of Pedigree designations that includes many that aren't recognized by CGC.....available when one is listing books on the Exchange. This is also true to some degree with Metro's search function..... both are good as a refresher to what is out there. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

"Daniel Erwine" books are a complete High Grade Silver Age Marvel & DC collection that came out in the early 90's. I owned many of them ,including the AF #15, ASM #6, 10 ,39, 41, 42, Superboy Annual #1& various JLA issues.

The 9.8 ASM #5 that was graded years back was an Erwine copy. The TTA #27 Erwine was recently graded 9.4.

"Daniel Erwine" books are a complete High Grade Silver Age Marvel & DC collection that came out in the early 90's. I owned many of them ,including the AF #15, ASM #6, 10 ,39, 41, 42, Superboy Annual #1& various JLA issues.

The 9.8 ASM #5 that was graded years back was an Erwine copy. The TTA #27 Erwine was recently graded 9.4.

I had never heard of these..... what a sight those must have been. GOD BLESS...

perhaps you're thinking toledo--that's another defrocked one.

Yep, that't the one I was thinking of.

Newsboys, among other books, contained an incredible set of early Showcases including the 9.6 Showcase 4.

Geez, how did we miss that one!

There's also the New Hampshire collection that was largely 50s Westerns in HG, but had a few non-western books. They have typical markings & are easy to identify.

Mostly of interest to romance collectors -- particularly Baker collectors -- but the Sixth Street collection, all of which to this date hasn't yet made it to market because of legal entanglements, had high-grade copies of some very, very tough issues.

There were a bunch of PCH books released from this collection, no?

Geez, how did we miss that one!

There's also the New Hampshire collection that was largely 50s Westerns in HG, but had a few non-western books. They have typical markings & are easy to identify.

they have cool little date coding. other than westerns, i recall some tarzan books.

rl53.jpg