• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show August 9, 2015, BC, Canada

17 posts in this topic

The Vancouver Comic and Toy show in East Vancouver, BC still has a few $60 non-wall tables available to vendors for their Sunday August 9, 2015 event. For 2016, they plan to run three (3) comicons per year skipping the month of August. More con info here and free parking:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/index.html

I may bring out some of my Russ Cochran b/w Alex Raymond Flash Gordon and Jungle Jim oversized prints circa 1978 to the show. Hope to see you there.

A sample of my junky overstock that will be brought to the Comic Show at Croatian Cultural Centre including a scarce :headbang: fanzine signed by comic historian Jerry Bails:

PEhk1Ool.jpg

May bring an oversize Russ Cochran Alex Raymond Sunday print to the show:

n7RYxos.jpg

What Fantastic Bore movie? You won't find me in the line anywhere ... of course, I will be in THIS show at CCC all day Sunday. My friend and I will be bringing about 12 or 14 short boxes. One note I should inform is that my new wall rack build was put on hold due to some technical issues, so I went to use my plan "B" - my el cheapo wall rack. Not fancy but it get the job done. lol

Here is a little preview what I'll be bringing...

My%20New%20Comic%20Books%20-%202015_zpsfq0hufme.jpg

See you there! :banana:

Attendance seemed to be up about 15%, and the crowd stayed longer than usual as I was not able to start packing up slowly at 4 pm like I normally do.

Some sales from the top of my head:

Greggy swapped his Frazetta portfolio for super hot Marvel Premiere 47, 48 Scott Lang Ant-man comics.

Action 521 1st Vixen

Alias #1 Netflix hype

Capt. Atom 83 Charlton Blue Beetle hype, relaunch

Dr Strange 2, 3 Brunner art.

Rai 0 to a 12 year old girl who actually recognized Bloodshot: movie hype.

Classics Illustrated to a female (thumbs u Japanese English student who just arrived in Canada about 3 months ago. She liked the cute childlike art to 'Beauty and the Beast'

EC Haunt of Horror mentioned in SOTI.

Powerman Ironfist 50 Byrne, Netflix hype

NYX 4 did not have # 3 in stock.

Rom #1 Spaceknights rebooted comic series hype.

Flash 131 SA. Also has Green Lantern on cover.

Super DC Giant Love 1971 plus GA Simon/Kirby Young Romance low grade.

Marvel Super-heroes 12 Capt Marvel (male) movie hype

Sold a Deadpool: Circle Chase 1 but had another copy stolen from my table display so it must be a hot title. :tonofbricks:

Groo comics to a young boy.

3 Walking Dead comics. I usually never stock anything this new.

3 SA DD's, misc. Iron Fist by J. Byrne.

Overall, retail sales about 10% over my target. Did not buy much, as those young punks :devil: greggy and flatliner are faster at digging thru ALL the line boxes than I am with their newfangled Smart phones and GPA downloads. :pullhair:

See you at the next Vancouver Comic Show Sunday Oct. 25/15.

I will probably not be attending the new :popcorn: 2 day Kelowna, BC Expo Oct. 17-18/15 http://www.kelownaexpo.com run by the fine folks that operate and promote the Lethbridge, AB Expo.

Our booth was doing alright ... made out about the same amount as we did last month at Heritage. My friend and I are gonna talk about some changes to improve better for next CCC show in October (signed up for that).

From out booth:

We sold Flash 147 SA low VG copy to a young boy who was thrilled to have it. His dad helped broke a deal with us.

Sold one Star Wars #1 mid-grade and couple other BA books to one vendor. Did good on that.

My NM #87 copy flew away fast. Even when I priced it well - it still goes.

We sold a big box full of Archie comics digests to a young family with 2 daughters. Over 100 digests ... the kids sure love them. That was our 2nd time we had sold a box of Archie digests in the last 2 shows. Seems the digests did good in selling cheap to kids.

Sold 3 BA Fantastic Four high grades to a collector. He got #105, 121 and 148. Made out good off them. I had them in my collection for a long time.

Our $1.00 comics in boxes were going ok. Most are my friend's ... so he made more than me.

I had gotten few requests for Dr. Strange ... that I need to look in restock that for next show. One odd request was for "My Little Ponies" by a young girl's dad! Told him I will try see about that in next show.

That is about all. I got some work to do in creating better display for October. Funny that it is also the same day as mine. ;)

Attendance seemed to be up about 15%, and the crowd stayed longer than usual as I was not able to start packing up slowly at 4 pm like I normally do.

Overall, retail sales about 10% over my target.

Good to hear that you did alright at the show! (thumbs u

It was nice to see a couple of new vendors in the middle of the room there. One said that he normally sets up at the antiques shows only decided to give this a shot since he has done quite well with the comics at the antique shows.

The other appear to be an older collector who said that he was setting up for the first time. Obviously a DC war collector as as the bulk of his entire table was filled with long boxes of the DC Big 5 war books. First time I have ever seen such a large collection of DC war books as they hardly ever make it to market. Unfortunately, they were all generally low grade, but still the greytone covers were nice to see. Have to give some thought to picking some of these up on the next go run. hm

Click to zoom in on wall (thumbs u pics from the Vancouver Comic Show #5 or the backside of Flatliner:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/show-05.html

Met a collector I had not dealt with in 17 years. After the show, I traded him my signed Wrightson Frankenstein Portfolio set B and platinum Spider-man 1 (raw) for $500 worth of semi-hot comics. <3

fyi, Imperial Hobbies is having a moving sale from now to Thurs. Aug. 20/15. They are moving into a warehouse even closer to the airport in Richmond, BC probably by Sept. 1/15. Minimum discount of 25% off everything in their shop except red labelled items already discounted. Bagged back issues $1. No Harley Quinns, 1 bent Deadpool left. Think Archies and My Little Pony's were 25% off.

Blow out bin comics 10c each. My loot: :golfclap:

YJ9fbPwl.jpg

Damn it that's my LCS. I'm down to only 1 new comic title a month in my pull box. I guess I should add more titles or for the first time in 30+ years...stop buying new books entirely. hm

That was your LCS? My buddy and me were there yesterday to grab a few bargains. Not much to say about this store. Mostly newer comics and GN's, TP books. That was it.

You need a better LCS as far I think! :baiting:lol

Imperial Hobbies has chopped the price of bagged back issues to 50c (no Walking Dead, Harlequin or Deadpool) and bargain bin to 5c (lots of Wildstorm, gaming Warhammer comics). Picked up 30 decent readers for a total of $1.50 + tax. Makes me feel like I overpaid buying 30 readers for $3 the other day. doh!

Best stuff I left behind was a long box of X-men and X-factor related titles, and stack of Batman Detective new 52. Not much Spider-man left; no Spider-Gwen or Silk as too new to be blown out. Marvel Star Wars at 25% off cover: not bad. (thumbs u