• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Part 2 round 15: The Future???

X-Men #141-142 vs Action #583 & Superman #423  

252 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men #141-142 vs Action #583 & Superman #423

26 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to part 2, round 15. Here you will see all the winners of the previous rounds face off against each other to go into the next round. There will be one slight difference with this round; you the reader will have to convince me as to which one I should vote for. Just pretend I am an alien and you are trying to tell me which book is better and for what reason.

Prior to the voting deadline, I will determine which book had the stronger arguments and vote for that book. We will once again decide the winner by using the poll system.

Todays' battle features X-Men #141-142 vs Action #583 & Superman #423.

X-Men #141-142. Published by Marvel 1981. Written by John Byrne and Chris Claremont with art by John Byrne. Days of Future Past.

Action #583 & Superman #423. Published by DC 1986. Written by Alan Moore with art by Curt Swan. Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?

Good luck to both...

X-Men #141-142

The storyline provided the basis for all X-Men stories since and even been felt in other Marvel titles. The ramifications of this story on the X-Men franchise and Marvel proper was/is huge...

Jim

As much as I should probably vjust dive in and vote for Days of Future Past since it's a mega-super-hyper important part of the X-universe, I just can't jump in and do it since the Alan Moore story is such a "thing" itself in the Rob-universe...

I'll return with my decision later in the day 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

X-Men #141-142

The storyline provided the basis for all X-Men stories since and even been felt in other Marvel titles. The ramifications of this story on the X-Men franchise and Marvel proper was/is huge...

Jim

what he said!

thumbsup2.gif

X-Men #141-142

what he said!

thumbsup2.gif

What he said about what the other guy said! smile.gif

I'm going with the X-Men for similar reasons: The Alan Moore Superman story is the perfect bookend to the Silver Age / Bronze Age Superman: That's the way it really played out on Earth-One, folks! insane.gif

But it exists entirely in isolation from the DCU of today.

In contrast, Days of Future Past was the beginning that laid the groundwork for multiple decades of convoluted X-continuity. Is that a good thing? I dunno, I didn't have to read all those 1980s/1990s X-books. But it is certainly a big important thing, and gets my vote on that basis. hail.gif

It's hard to ignore the importance of "Days of Futre Past", but I will. grin.gif

Alex - Great job on all the pairings. Can't wait to see what the next round holds. I hope the twist is bringing Miracleman back into the contest. 893crossfingers-thumb.giftongue.gif

It's hard to ignore the importance of "Days of Futre Past", but I will. grin.gif

Alex - Great job on all the pairings. Can't wait to see what the next round holds. I hope the twist is bringing Miracleman back into the contest. 893crossfingers-thumb.giftongue.gif

In yer dreams, Moore Whore. poke2.gif

Who is this FFB guy anyways? What did you do to fantasyfootballbono?!!? sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I know the X-book will win. Had to give my boy at least one vote. smile.gif

Or were you talking about the twist? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsumo.gif

The twist, lap monkey. poke2.gif

Who is this FFB guy anyways? What did you do to fantasyfootballbono?!!? sumo.gif

Fantasyfootballbono got tired of saying "fantasyfootballbono" when meeting up with people at conventions and answering the oft-asked question, "So, who are you on the boards?" It is a mouthful, and everyone here who knows me calls me FFB or Scott anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantasyfootballbono got tired of saying "fantasyfootballbono" when meeting up with people at conventions and answering the oft-asked question, "So, who are you on the boards?" It is a mouthful, and everyone here who knows me calls me FFB or Scott anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

ok, fantasyfootballbono. grin.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

Wuss. makepoint.gif A Frank Miller fan would have come up with at least one more witty rejoiner. poke2.gif

frown.gif

Wuss. makepoint.gif A Frank Miller fan would have come up with at least one more witty rejoiner. poke2.gif

here i was thinking you were merely tired of having the single lamest latin-themed sports pun in the history of message boards... poke2.gif