• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing HOUSTON Comic Con September 4-5-6 Liefeld/Romita Jr./Darth Vader & More!

10 posts in this topic

AMAZING HOUSTON COMIC CON

September 4-5-6

George R Brown Convention Center

Rob Liefeld- Marvel Mutant Guru, creator of X-Force, Cable & DEADPOOL

John Romita Jr.- Comic Legend, currently SUPERMAN

Chad Hardin- artist on HARLEY QUINN

Mark Bagley- Creator of Carnage and Ultimate SPIDER-MAN

Brian Buccellato- Writer/Color Artist on FLASH, DETECTIVE

Howard Chaykin- 1st Marvel Star Wars Artist, America Flagg, Suicide Squad

Ant Lucia- DC Bombshell Cover artist

Mat Nastos- Disney Animation Vet

Tony Fleecs- My Little Pony

with

Star Wars' Darth Vader-

DAVID PROWSE

and Special Appearance by SAILOR MOON CAST REUNION

For Tickets and more information-

http://www.AmazingHoustonComicCon.com

AMAZING HOUSTON COMIC CON is coming to the GRBrown Convention Center NEXT Weekend, September 4-5-6.

We have some great Exclusive Variant Covers with DC Comics for this event-

Harley Quinn Bombshell Variant Limited to 1500

with guests ANT LUCIA and CHAD HARDIN

and

Superman Exclusive Variant with guest JOHN ROMITA JR

http://www.amazinghoustoncomiccon.com/exclusives/

Exhibitor List and Artist Alley is now posted online

http://www.amazinghoustoncomiccon.com/exhibitors/

Also-

Full Programming List too-

http://www.amazinghoustoncomiccon.com/programming/

Single Day, Full 3day Admission and VIP Tickets still available-

http://www.AmazingHoustonComicCon.com/buy-tickets/

Overall, the show was a good selling show but not like last year. The crowd seemed lighter on Saturday than last year but Friday was about the same and Sunday had a large amount of people in attendance. There were more comics in the room this year. Boyd with Black Cat Comics and Scott with Comics Kingdom but were set up this year along with Krypton Comics. Rick from Rick's Comic Crypt, Cory with Pop Culture Company, Scott with All-Star Comics, Scott with Forgotten Treasures, Richard with Bedrock City and ourselves were all returning exhibitors. People seemed to have their hands in the pockets more this year. Everyone I talked to said they did ok but the numbers were down from a year ago. I don't think you can blame Jimmy Jay and his crew at all. He got people through the door again, they just weren't spending. Part of that can be attributed to the big Star Wars toy release on Thursday night, part on the Labor Day Weekend and part on the fact there has been or will be up to 8 shows within easy driving distance of Houston within three months. Also have to remember that kids went back to school as well. There is only so much money. I like what Jimmy is trying to do with his shows. He did not expand the dealer room just because he had success last year. At least for us, the dealer booth prices stayed reasonable compared to last year. Artist Alley and the Dealer Room occupied about the same amount of space. Jimmy also is staying away from the big celebrities which drain so much money from the room. He is attempting to make a comic book show instead of a pop culture show which is refreshing. I think the comic guest list could have been a little better but every show can't be stacked with guests. Dealers, creators and customers have too many options these days. There was plenty to see, plenty to buy and plenty of people to meet.

Overall, the show was a good selling show but not like last year. The crowd seemed lighter on Saturday than last year but Friday was about the same and Sunday had a large amount of people in attendance. There were more comics in the room this year. Boyd with Black Cat Comics and Scott with Comics Kingdom but were set up this year along with Krypton Comics. Rick from Rick's Comic Crypt, Cory with Pop Culture Company, Scott with All-Star Comics, Scott with Forgotten Treasures, Richard with Bedrock City and ourselves were all returning exhibitors. People seemed to have their hands in the pockets more this year. Everyone I talked to said they did ok but the numbers were down from a year ago. I don't think you can blame Jimmy Jay and his crew at all. He got people through the door again, they just weren't spending. Part of that can be attributed to the big Star Wars toy release on Thursday night, part on the Labor Day Weekend and part on the fact there has been or will be up to 8 shows within easy driving distance of Houston within three months. Also have to remember that kids went back to school as well. There is only so much money. I like what Jimmy is trying to do with his shows. He did not expand the dealer room just because he had success last year. At least for us, the dealer booth prices stayed reasonable compared to last year. Artist Alley and the Dealer Room occupied about the same amount of space. Jimmy also is staying away from the big celebrities which drain so much money from the room. He is attempting to make a comic book show instead of a pop culture show which is refreshing. I think the comic guest list could have been a little better but every show can't be stacked with guests. Dealers, creators and customers have too many options these days. There was plenty to see, plenty to buy and plenty of people to meet.

Thanks Andy! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend on SA!

Thanks Andy! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend on SA!

You guys have a safe trip down. Dinner is on us one night!!

Extremely bummed I had to miss the show this year. Really enjoyed AHCC last year though and hopefully the show will return for 2016. These holiday weekends are always so hard to navigate, esp when there are Houston cons on both Memorial Day and Labor Day.