• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con September 12 & 13

44 posts in this topic

That's what I'm looking for. (superheroes suck) Hope there is some scraps left otherwise, I will just have to take my bulging wallet home...

Did I mention that I love bulging wallets (and that is all I am interested in that bulges :blush:

Make sure you introduce yourself and ask for the good stuff. (thumbs u

Ed

Rolling out of Phoenix at 5:00 a.m.- should be in Long Beach and unloading by 11:30. I already have some Board Members lined up for books but I have a lot of nice books this trip.

See you Saturday or Sunday! Booth 832

Great show and great to meet everyone (robocard, nearmint, sacentaur, and Dark Knight)!! Thanks again Ed!

If anyone is still at the show can you PM me the website or email for Champion Comics? They're right across the aisle from Harley. I wanted to follow up with them on something but they have no contact info on the LBCC website or through a google search.

Thanks!

Great show and great to meet everyone (robocard, nearmint, sacentaur, and Dark Knight)!! Thanks again Ed!

If anyone is still at the show can you PM me the website or email for Champion Comics? They're right across the aisle from Harley. I wanted to follow up with them on something but they have no contact info on the LBCC website or through a google search.

Thanks!

Likewise David! Pleasure meeting you. Ed great show and thanks for the book. Sacentaur again nice to see you. Hope we can get a boardie get together sometime. I think with just our collections put together, we would,be getting ohhh and ahh's. Going back tomorrow. I'll try and remember,to check out Champion Comics and get their info. I think the owner's name is Phil.

Had a great time at this show. Ed was able to relieve me of some of my bulging wallet with his great box of half price Horror and Crime comics. I rarely buy ACG horror but he had a good amount of very nice early ones in great shape that ended up being around $15. each. Got a big pile of those as well as post code Atlas. Bought a few nice gems from Terry and Brad. Harley had a few nice books but was just over the top price wise for me this time. Got a few cool books from a few stray smaller sellers as well.

I got to talk to a few cool board guys like Sacentaur and Robocard. I might have talked to Dark Knight (is that you Brad?) I think us board guys need to wear a T Shirt or button to identify our selves.

I noticed this show was considerably larger and very well attended this time. Good to see it growing. The LB convention center is a good size for a con like this and the city is pretty centrally located to folks in the SoCal area. Now if we could get a few more vintage comic dealers... I did notice that business was brisk in all the booths I went to. Lots of people buying all kinds of funny books. A good sign for the show and our hobby.

Had a great time at this show. Ed was able to relieve me of some of my bulging wallet with his great box of half price Horror and Crime comics. I rarely buy ACG horror but he had a good amount of very nice early ones in great shape that ended up being around $15. each. Got a big pile of those as well as post code Atlas. Bought a few nice gems from Terry and Brad. Harley had a few nice books but was just over the top price wise for me this time. Got a few cool books from a few stray smaller sellers as well.

I got to talk to a few cool board guys like Sacentaur and Robocard. I might have talked to Dark Knight (is that you Brad?) I think us board guys need to wear a T Shirt or button to identify our selves.

I noticed this show was considerably larger and very well attended this time. Good to see it growing. The LB convention center is a good size for a con like this and the city is pretty centrally located to folks in the SoCal area. Now if we could get a few more vintage comic dealers... I did notice that business was brisk in all the booths I went to. Lots of people buying all kinds of funny books. A good sign for the show and our hobby.

Nope, it's Brian. I don't think we met, but perhaps I may have seen you at Ed's booth. There was a gentleman on Sat. looking through the horror boxes, but he I think only bought a book.

What a great show! Thanks to the many Board members I met and who made purchases. This was one of my best shows ever!

I stayed over and left at 4:00 a.m. to return to Phoenix. Pretty wiped out but everything is back in the storage unit. I will be back next September for sure and will start digging for some new books for next year.

Ed

Nope, it's Brian. I don't think we met, but perhaps I may have seen you at Ed's booth. There was a gentleman on Sat. looking through the horror boxes, but he I think only bought a book.

Hi Brian. Yeah, too bad we didn't hook up. It wasn't me buying one of Ed's horror books. I bought a whole stack all at one time. It's always nice to meet people from the boards but hard to know who they are.

Hi Brian. Yeah, too bad we didn't hook up. It wasn't me buying one of Ed's horror books. I bought a whole stack all at one time. It's always nice to meet people from the boards but hard to know who they are.

Yes it is. If only we have some sort of identification visible on our board member name, that would be cool. Would loved to have said hi to you as well. Next time. I greatly enjoy buying books from Ed because his prices are very fair and won't overprice like a lot of dealers do.

Yes it is. If only we have some sort of identification visible on our board member name, that would be cool. Would loved to have said hi to you as well. Next time. I greatly enjoy buying books from Ed because his prices are very fair and won't overprice like a lot of dealers do.

Next September you can all gather at my booth and buy books, visit, and I will entertain with my witty repartee as well. :devil:

Ed

Next September you can all gather at my booth and buy books, visit, and I will entertain with my witty repartee as well. :devil:

Ed

The wittiest....

:whistle:

Enjoyed the show, especially chatting with fellow boardies. :)

Ed, thank you for the sweet deal on the pair of Golden Age goodies. :cloud9:

Understood it's a long drive, but shame you won't do Terry's show next January as I think you'd do very well (your stock this time was the best, e.g., three TOS 39's among a ton of other nice books).

I heard rumor of a Con in Phoenix sometime in December....?

Enjoyed the show, especially chatting with fellow boardies. :)

Ed, thank you for the sweet deal on the pair of Golden Age goodies. :cloud9:

Understood it's a long drive, but shame you won't do Terry's show next January as I think you'd do very well (your stock this time was the best, e.g., three TOS 39's among a ton of other nice books).

I heard rumor of a Con in Phoenix sometime in December....?

Thanks Steve, glad we could work out a deal that worked for both of us.

The December Phoenix show is a small one at the Glendale football stadium. Not a lot of comic sellers but there will be a few of us.

Ed

Ed

I stop for snacks. :whistle: