• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con September 12 & 13

44 posts in this topic

Had a great time at this show. Ed was able to relieve me of some of my bulging wallet with his great box of half price Horror and Crime comics. I rarely buy ACG horror but he had a good amount of very nice early ones in great shape that ended up being around $15. each. Got a big pile of those as well as post code Atlas. Bought a few nice gems from Terry and Brad. Harley had a few nice books but was just over the top price wise for me this time. Got a few cool books from a few stray smaller sellers as well.

I got to talk to a few cool board guys like Sacentaur and Robocard. I might have talked to Dark Knight (is that you Brad?) I think us board guys need to wear a T Shirt or button to identify our selves.

I noticed this show was considerably larger and very well attended this time. Good to see it growing. The LB convention center is a good size for a con like this and the city is pretty centrally located to folks in the SoCal area. Now if we could get a few more vintage comic dealers... I did notice that business was brisk in all the booths I went to. Lots of people buying all kinds of funny books. A good sign for the show and our hobby.

Nope, it's Brian. I don't think we met, but perhaps I may have seen you at Ed's booth. There was a gentleman on Sat. looking through the horror boxes, but he I think only bought a book.

Hi Brian. Yeah, too bad we didn't hook up. It wasn't me buying one of Ed's horror books. I bought a whole stack all at one time. It's always nice to meet people from the boards but hard to know who they are.

Yes it is. If only we have some sort of identification visible on our board member name, that would be cool. Would loved to have said hi to you as well. Next time. I greatly enjoy buying books from Ed because his prices are very fair and won't overprice like a lot of dealers do.

Next September you can all gather at my booth and buy books, visit, and I will entertain with my witty repartee as well. :devil:

Ed

I stop for snacks. :whistle:

I always have trail mix, granola bars and other assorted items. Free with a purchase. :baiting:

Had a great time at this show. Ed was able to relieve me of some of my bulging wallet with his great box of half price Horror and Crime comics. I rarely buy ACG horror but he had a good amount of very nice early ones in great shape that ended up being around $15. each. Got a big pile of those as well as post code Atlas. Bought a few nice gems from Terry and Brad. Harley had a few nice books but was just over the top price wise for me this time. Got a few cool books from a few stray smaller sellers as well.

I got to talk to a few cool board guys like Sacentaur and Robocard. I might have talked to Dark Knight (is that you Brad?) I think us board guys need to wear a T Shirt or button to identify our selves.

I noticed this show was considerably larger and very well attended this time. Good to see it growing. The LB convention center is a good size for a con like this and the city is pretty centrally located to folks in the SoCal area. Now if we could get a few more vintage comic dealers... I did notice that business was brisk in all the booths I went to. Lots of people buying all kinds of funny books. A good sign for the show and our hobby.

Nope, it's Brian. I don't think we met, but perhaps I may have seen you at Ed's booth. There was a gentleman on Sat. looking through the horror boxes, but he I think only bought a book.

Hi Brian. Yeah, too bad we didn't hook up. It wasn't me buying one of Ed's horror books. I bought a whole stack all at one time. It's always nice to meet people from the boards but hard to know who they are.

Yes it is. If only we have some sort of identification visible on our board member name, that would be cool. Would loved to have said hi to you as well. Next time. I greatly enjoy buying books from Ed because his prices are very fair and won't overprice like a lot of dealers do.

Next September you can all gather at my booth and buy books, visit, and I will entertain with my witty repartee as well. :devil:

Ed

I always have trail mix, granola bars and other assorted items. Free with a purchase. :baiting:

How come I was never offered :baiting:

Ed

You didn't look hungry lol

Raincheck :foryou:

Ed

You didn't look hungry lol

Raincheck :foryou:

You were right, I wasn't hungry that time lol