• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of The Power Rangers?
1 1

108 posts in this topic

Woah I see :3

Hopefully CGC can comment on this, as it's a tad bit confusing; though Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 has the first appearance of a variety amount of characters ~ Additionally Cracked #290 was the first appearance of Rita, and includes an appearance by the Power Rangers; released in July 1994.

Edited by Bart Allen

My vote is for Sentai #2, although I guess with CGC rules, they'd be "tied" a la the ASM #252/Marvel Team-Up #141 debate. Did the Disney Adventures magazine have a drawn comic of the Power Rangers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sentai-2-VF-NM-journal-of-asian-s-f-fantasy-MIGHTY-MORPHIN-POWER-RANGERS-1994-/310833579684

Does anyone have this book in hand? It looks like an episode guide and not a comic.

CBCS sent me an email, due to a question I asked and they responded,

"Thank you for contacting CBCS. From what we can see, the first appearance was a comic book that was included in Power Ranger underwear from Fruit of the Loom."

But it could be debatable, could it not?

its original art from the first book they appeared in. The Fruit of the Loom comic.

its original art from the first book they appeared in. The Fruit of the Loom comic.

With no date on the underwear packaging or comic how can we determine that it came out before april 1994?

With no date on the underwear packaging or comic how can we determine that it came out before april 1994?

Ask CGC or overstreet - who both regard the FOTL as the first appearance.

Ask CGC or overstreet - who both regard the FOTL as the first appearance.

Guides have been wrong and continue to be about a lot of things no? And don't get me started on CGC. I'm just asking the question, can the mini comic be considered the first if there was no month listed on comic or underwear?

I also wonder if there is a single, sealed underwear pack left on earth. I sure hope so. I have added it to my top ten most wanted list.

I was able to get the Hamilton comics #1 signed by Brett Blevins at SVCC. Not a perfect copy for grading but I'm still very happy to add it to my PR collection :) oh by the way he was telling me the reason the cover is pretty boring is because Hamilton told him to tone down his original cover art he did, that was much better and a little more dark. Someone there showed me a pic of it and it featured an evil looking Rita standing over a much cooler looking version of the Power Rangers. Since the book was being marketed to kids at the time they wanted something more kiddy.

000225465hr_612x380.jpg

With the movie versions(costumes and chrecters in them? being so diffrent from the orginal and boom comic versions i wonder if it will cause any heat to any of the books at all.