• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - Your alternative to poorly reviewed comic book movies

43 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to see this movie ever since I saw the trailer for it. I grew up on gangster rap in the early 90's. I had the angry parents that you speak of, so I always had to hide it, and listen to it on my walkman.

This was my first exposure to Ice Cube...

I was hooked ever since.

Loved it. The last Cube song I really enjoyed was "Pushin' Weight". Just a great workout tune.

"Uh - Yeah, Yeah"

Close Dan lol

My favorite line is the one with "patterns on they hankey" lol

-------------------------------

Come on - :baiting:

I like in Dr Frankenstein when he answers the knock on the door with "What is it!"

I was just hoping you would be impressed that I edited that whole song for general consumption lol

(worship)

That took long enough

Religion beat rappers this Labor Day weekend as WAR ROOM stole the top spot from STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON with an estimated $9.3 million!

The faith-based melodrama, apparently about prayer-power overcoming domestic abuse, has a 10-day domestic total of $24.6 million (on a reported $3 million cost).

But STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON wasn't far behind in second place with another $8.8 million. The R-rated biopic of N.W.A. has collected $147.7 million as of its fourth weekend in theaters.

Opening in third in a surprisingly strong performance was the comedy-drama A WALK IN THE WOODS with $8.4 million (and $10.4 million total since its Wednesday debut). The Robert Redford/Nick Nolte/Emma Thompson hiking adventure didn't climb to any great heights with critics (47% on Rotten Tomatoes), while audiences gave it a 'B' CinemaScore.

The globetrotting, plane-gripping action of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION was in fourth with $7.1 million. The fifth entry in Tom Cruise's spy franchise reached $180.3 million domestic after six weeks on screens as it also passed $500 million worldwide (and hasn't opened in China yet).

Skidding into fifth place was the new action reboot THE TRANSPORTER REFUELED with $7.1 million. The PG-13 Luc Besson production swapped in Ed Skrein for Jason Statham as the fast-driving courier but sputtered with critics (18% on Rotten Tomatoes) and crowds ('B-' CinemaScore).