• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Follows, and other horror movies that annoyed you

78 posts in this topic

I recently saw It Follows, and really wanted to enjoy this film, especially after reading and hearing great things about it, but I was incredibly disappointed. The plot alone is laughable: An STD that manifests itself as random half naked people who want to kill you for no reason? Where's the explanation? Did I miss something? The characters were boring, and I had no sympathy for any of them (ok, maybe the hot blonde). Oh, and the music, well If you're a fan of 1970's random synth sounds, then you should enjoy it. Overall, the movie was boring and redundant, and left me feeling annoyed that I wasted time on it.

Did anyone here enjoy this movie? If so, why?

Have you guys watched any horror movies recently that just pissed you off? If so, please share!

11190713_ori.jpg

:facepalm:

I enjoyed it for the same reason I still like B grade 80's horror movies. It wasn't fantastic but I liked it. Ominous with a constant threat. You're right, there is no real story to speak of. The plot is basically Pac-Man. But I loved the score in the same way I love Carpenter's 80's scores like The Fog or Escape from New York. The ending was too abrupt like they were going to a commercial and just never came back.

That's just it. I've got a soft spot for B horror films from the 80's. The Stuff, Bad Taste, The Gate, etc. They're some of my favorite movies, and I usually enjoy the music as well, but I didn't get the impression that It Follows was aiming for that. If it was, then I missed it, and I probably would have enjoyed the movie had I known before hand.

Btw, Pacman is a brilliant analogy. (thumbs u

The girl in the opening sequence of It Follows was the most interesting part. And she lasted what, 2 minutes? Kinda flatlined from there.

Maybe they'll do a prequel. :wishluck::/

That actually was the best part of the entire movie.

The girl in the opening sequence of It Follows was the most interesting part. And she lasted what, 2 minutes? Kinda flatlined from there.

Maybe they'll do a prequel. :wishluck::/

That actually was the best part of the entire movie.

Yep. Here you go... 'It Follows' opening, starring Bailey Spry as 'Annie'...

Iron Man 3.

To me it was so bad it was horrific, and that it did so well at the box office annoys me.

Iron Man 3 story wise was the worst the MCU films. It was like watching a bad episode of Doctor Who by Steven Moffat featuring the Cybermen

Have you guys watched any horror movies recently that just pissed you off? If so, please share

Since you asked. 'The Purge' is the worst horror movie EVER imho. How the writer ever got such a stupid premise, and I mean stupid premise, on to a screen is beyond me. And I'll never get back the brain cells that withered while watching that mess.

Have you guys watched any horror movies recently that just pissed you off? If so, please share

Since you asked. 'The Purge' is the worst horror movie EVER imho. How the writer ever got such a stupid premise, and I mean stupid premise, on to a screen is beyond me. And I'll never get back the brain cells that withered while watching that mess.
What pizzes me off more then anything is that piece of trash got a sequel (with another on the way) and a far superior film DREDD didn't. :facepalm:

I like It Follows enough that I just bought the blu-ray last night.

Sucky plot --agreed-- but I really liked the soundtrack (amazingly it was done single handedly by some game soundtrack guy). Liked the actors, the milieu, and the way it was filmed. Plight of the kids reminded me a bit of Halloween or Donnie Darko.

A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it on the blu ray film forums.

A horror film... some rave about... that annoys me? The Babadook... the Babadook the Babadook... wwwaaaaaaaaaa... shut that psychopathic kid up will you!

I like It Follows enough that I just bought the blu-ray last night.

Sucky plot --agreed-- but I really liked the soundtrack (amazingly it was done single handedly by some game soundtrack guy). Liked the actors, the milieu, and the way it was filmed. Plight of the kids reminded me a bit of Halloween or Donnie Darko.

A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it on the blu ray film forums.

A horror film... some rave about... that annoys me? The Babadook... the Babadook the Babadook... wwwaaaaaaaaaa... shut that psychopathic kid up will you!

Donnie Darko, now there's one helluva movie!