• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Follows, and other horror movies that annoyed you

78 posts in this topic

I like It Follows enough that I just bought the blu-ray last night.

Sucky plot --agreed-- but I really liked the soundtrack (amazingly it was done single handedly by some game soundtrack guy). Liked the actors, the milieu, and the way it was filmed. Plight of the kids reminded me a bit of Halloween or Donnie Darko.

A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it on the blu ray film forums.

A horror film... some rave about... that annoys me? The Babadook... the Babadook the Babadook... wwwaaaaaaaaaa... shut that psychopathic kid up will you!

Donnie Darko, now there's one helluva movie!

You catch the Director's Cut? (thumbs u

I like It Follows enough that I just bought the blu-ray last night.

Sucky plot --agreed-- but I really liked the soundtrack (amazingly it was done single handedly by some game soundtrack guy). Liked the actors, the milieu, and the way it was filmed. Plight of the kids reminded me a bit of Halloween or Donnie Darko.

A lot of people loved it and a lot hated it on the blu ray film forums.

A horror film... some rave about... that annoys me? The Babadook... the Babadook the Babadook... wwwaaaaaaaaaa... shut that psychopathic kid up will you!

Donnie Darko, now there's one helluva movie!

You catch the Director's Cut? (thumbs u

Sure did. I own both copies, though I prefer the theatrical release a bit more.

Hands down the BEST horror movie in a long, long time was 'Housebound'. Great writing, great acting, clever, fresh, funny, creepy.

5 solid stars across the board.

11731935.jpg

I started watching this on Netflix. I liked what I saw, but need to finish it.

I am officially done with any horror movie the minute they kill the dog. It's unnecessary brutality. Massacre as many people as they want, but the minute they kill the dog? I'll turn it off.

Anyone see this yet?

Watching the Trailer I kept thinking I've seen this already.

Michael Keaton, no that wasn't it, crazy tenant they couldn't get rid of. Samuel L. Jackson, super-friendly cop in the neighborhood, no, not it either.

Then it hits me. Kurt Russell, Ray Liotta...

Anyone see this yet?

Watching the Trailer I kept thinking I've seen this already.

Michael Keaton, no that wasn't it, crazy tenant they couldn't get rid of. Samuel L. Jackson, super-friendly cop in the neighborhood, no, not it either.

Then it hits me. Kurt Russell, Ray Liotta...

Wow, talk about a rip off. Hollywood.... :facepalm:

Anyone see this yet?

I saw it. There's a major twist in the middle I won't reveal that mostly differentiates it from a film like "Unlawful Entry" and makes you uncertain of who the real victim is. Not Oscar material, but a compelling suspense flick that I wasn't disappointed in.

Anyone see this yet?

I saw it. There's a major twist in the middle I won't reveal that mostly differentiates it from a film like "Unlawful Entry" and makes you uncertain of who the real victim is. Not Oscar material, but a compelling suspense flick that I wasn't disappointed in.

Now I'm even more interested.

The trailer does show just enough to let you know why it's not a straight-up stalker film--you'd have to specifically ask me what you think is "painfully obvious" for me to confirm or deny without spoiling.