• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Part 2 Round 16: Last match of this part

Batman #608 vs Iron Man #128 vs Kraven's last hunt arc vs Marvel Premiere #15  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Batman #608 vs Iron Man #128 vs Kraven's last hunt arc vs Marvel Premiere #15

26 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to part 2, round 16. Here you will see all the winners of the previous rounds face off against each other to go into the next round. There will be one slight difference with this round; you the reader will have to convince me as to which one I should vote for. Just pretend I am an alien and you are trying to tell me which book is better and for what reason.

Prior to the voting deadline, I will determine which book had the stronger arguments and vote for that book. We will once again decide the winner by using the poll system.

This one features a 4-corners match and is the last one for Part 2. Our combatants are Batman #608 vs Iron Man #128 vs Kraven's last hunt arc vs Marvel Premiere #15.

Kraven's last hunt arc. Published by Marvel 1987. Written by J.M. Dematteis with art by Mike Zeck and Bob McLeod. This arc is contained within Amazing Spider-man #293-294, Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132 and Web of Spider-Man #31-32. The Death of Kraven.

Batman #608. Published by DC 2002. Written by Jeph Loeb with art by Jim Lee. This was the start of the Hush storyline.

Iron Man #128. Published by Marvel 1979. Written by Bob Layton and David Michelinie, with art by John Romita, Jr. Tony Stark battles alcoholism.

Marvel Premiere #15. Published by Marvel 1974. Written by Roy Thomas with art by Gil Kane. This is the first appearance of Iron Fist.

Good luck to all...

I'm going to go with a Modern for a change. Batman #608.

This comic started a rennaissance of sorts for DC. Jim Lee on Batman was it's first major hit in many years and gave them the momentum to make similiar hits of Identity Crisis, Rebirth, and Batman/Superman. As well as the confidence to go with the All-Star line.

DC was pretty much getting whipped by the Marvel juggernaut. Batman #608 evened the playing field out a bit. Personally, I look at DC and am amazed at how well they've rebounded. They aren't beating Marvel but they also aren't taken for granted anymore...

If the momentum continues, Batman #608 will be regarded as the start of DC's comeback...

Jim

Marvel Premiere #15

That was easy.

I would tend to agree. thumbsup2.gif

Although, I think Premiere #1 is equally important as the origin of Warlock. Why isn't it in there? confused-smiley-013.gif

This book occurs before the time frame I set as a limit (1974).

Oh yeah. Now I remember. yeahok.gif

Kraven's Last Hunt was such an impressive and sophisticated read and very atypical for the title at the time, considering that it was preceded by Gang War and the death of the HobGoblin, and came just before Tom Mcf's tenure. One of my favorite story arcs.

Still voted for Marvel Premiere 15, though. Iron Fist was a more important character, and the series (followed by Iron Fist 1-15) was very good - archetypal Marvel Bronze, in fact.

Kraven's Last Hunt was such an impressive and sophisticated read and very atypical for the title at the time, considering that it was preceded by Gang War and the death of the HobGoblin, and came just before Tom Mcf's tenure. One of my favorite story arcs.

Still voted for Marvel Premiere 15, though. Iron Fist was a more important character, and the series (followed by Iron Fist 1-15) was very good - archetypal Marvel Bronze, in fact.

You forgot some of the Best Zeck Covers ever - where are the Copper Zombies on this one to take the day.

the only way i would have voted more quickly for MP15 is if AT 25 had been one of the other options. but of course that book is probably already gone by now, if it were ever even considered in the first place for this contest thingy

the only way i would have voted more quickly for MP15 is if AT 25 had been one of the other options. but of course that book is probably already gone by now, if it were ever even considered in the first place for this contest thingy

MP 15 actually beat AT 25 in the first round.

MP 15 actually beat AT 25 in the first round.

i have to say i am somewhat less than flummoxed by this revelation

And the winner is:

Kraven's last hunt arc

14 38%

Marvel Premiere #15

12 32%

Iron Man #128

7 19%

Batman #608

4 11%

This reflects an awful low number of people voted. I wonder whether this a true indication of the number of voters and those polls that had a significantly higher number were the result of shill bids... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim