• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Count-I-Con - Lake County, Illinois - August 29/30

8 posts in this topic

for those Chicago boardies who did not get their fill at WW (or if you were as unfortunate as me - having the real job interfere with attending...AGAIN), there is a mini con next weekend at the Lake County Fairgrounds.

Looks to be a decent sized venue. Several smaller shops will be there - with lots of events planned. I have not been to that venue myself - but others who have attended events say it is a pretty nice layout.

- card game tournaments - video game tournaments - even a pet cosplay contest

Lots of guests - only name I really recognize is Chuck Fiala - but for $5 entry I do not expect Stan Lee.....

If any boardies are planning on going - ship me a PM - will see if we can meet up....

Dave

This was a show that, if it was just one day, I'd gladly do it. I understand this is attached to the flea market that's both days, but I don' have the urge to go up there both Saturday and Sunday.

This was a show that, if it was just one day, I'd gladly do it. I understand this is attached to the flea market that's both days, but I don' have the urge to go up there both Saturday and Sunday.

My first time going to this show - so not idea of how it was run the previous years - but my understanding is that this year the "con" occupies the entire convention center itself with no attached event.

Still is two days - and I know that smaller cons usually die out a lot on Sundays .....

I just got back and I have to say it's a nice show. It's a steal at $5 though I do live 5 minutes away. If you live close enough you should check it out. There's probably about 10 dealers focused solely on comics. Just about as many focused on toys, statues and heck even Dave Dorman is set up there.

There's also a nice number of booths that will appeal to the kids or significant others with jewelry, knick knacks and a balloon artist.

The comics are primarily modern. Dreamland (Libertyville) is set up with nice bronze age books. There's plenty of dollar bins and deals to be had.

There are not any general antique or flea market dealers there.