• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,062 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I'll have to check those out tonight! I like what they did with the contemporary Mickey cartoons; hope these are as fun.

Having finally watched a few of these, I have to say I'm reasonably pleased.  The ones I've seen aren't masterpieces, but they seem to be pretty close in spirit to the originals.  With a touch of  Ren & Stimpy mixed in that I'm not super happy with, but they could have done a heck of a lot worse, and on occasion have over the past few decades.

I had hoped to have another book to post here a few days ago, but unfortunately the #14 with a detached cover I ordered had the guts to #11 inside... which I already have; otherwise I probably would have kept it for parts in case another copy showed up.  It's getting harder and harder for me to find the issues I need at prices I'm willing to pay.

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Having finally watched a few of these, I have to say I'm reasonably pleased.  The ones I've seen aren't masterpieces, but they seem to be pretty close in spirit to the originals.  With a touch of  Ren & Stimpy mixed in that I'm not super happy with, but they could have done a heck of a lot worse, and on occasion have over the past few decades.

I had hoped to have another book to post here a few days ago, but unfortunately the #14 with a detached cover I ordered had the guts to #11 inside... which I already have; otherwise I probably would have kept it for parts in case another copy showed up.  It's getting harder and harder for me to find the issues I need at prices I'm willing to pay.

My sentiments on the new shorts (that I have seen) are in line with yours. Overall, they have turned out some decent stuff here. I'm just glad it's continuing it's high profile as a pop culture staple.

Sorry about the incident with the #14. Hope another one comes your way soon!

19 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Blissard on EBay has a giant collection of LTMM going off this week from #1 up. Not the greatest shape but these early books rarely come up for sale.

The new shorts have been garnering a lot of publicity because Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam will no longer carry guns. A little overboard imho as these are shorts that feature talking funny animal characters committing cartoon violence and anyone who has had even the slightest passing of seeing either Elmer or Yosemite knows already they are known for having them. For many years

yahoo.com/entertainment/looney-tunes-gets-rid-guns-141049068.html

47 minutes ago, sagii said:

The new shorts have been garnering a lot of publicity because Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam will no longer carry guns. A little overboard imho as these are shorts that feature talking funny animal characters committing cartoon violence and anyone who has had even the slightest passing of seeing either Elmer or Yosemite knows already they are known for having them. For many years

yahoo.com/entertainment/looney-tunes-gets-rid-guns-141049068.html

Yet they leave the characters who stutter and talk with a lisp.  

1 hour ago, sagii said:

@OtherEric was waiting on the other top poster in this Thread B|

Nice copy! 

I needed the kick in the pants to finish redownloading my covers from earlier in the thread, I had lost those scans in a computer crash and didn't feel like rescanning all of them.

Here's a few more Christmas Themed covers, I'll repost the Christmas Giants tomorrow or on the day itself:

LT_039.jpg

LT_051.jpg

LT_063.jpg

7 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I saw this link to a scene in a movie combining live action with classic Bugs animation this morning on Mark Evanier’s blog. Thought I’d post the link here as I’d never seen it and it’s a quick fun watch.

Bugs Live Action Mix

That's a Doris Day film, "My Dream is Yours".

@Yellow Kid recommended itt to me some time back . Bugs Bunny  and classic Hollywood fan that I am I had not heard of it , though Day isn't one of my favorite golden age era movie stars so that may have had  something to do with it.

Bugs was 'The Man' in this era of animation stars history