• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,062 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, sagii said:

Wow, cool story. Bound volumes seem to be gaining in more collector interest.

Indeed. Seems people are just discovering how cool, unique and affordable they are.

Saw an interesting BV of Quality books on the Bay recently. Had 4 issues of All Humor and 4 issues of Dollman. I put in what I thought was a fairly aggressive bid considering what it was. Got BLOWN out of the water. A couple of people let their emotions get in the way of their common sense. Was actually glad I got out bid. 

On 11/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, OtherEric said:

I've pretty much given up on ever getting issues 1 and 2; I'm still looking for a copy of #3 for the Walt Kelly story.  Overall I'm at 15 issues to go and they're NOT getting any easier or cheaper.

There was a number 3 on HA maybe 2, 3 weeks ago? Didn't close 'too high' but lots of writing on the cover though. 

Only 15 issues to go on such a long running title is very impressive 👏 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:48 AM, sagii said:

@OtherEric another impressive result, don't you think? Essentially 'Road Runner (and Wile)#1'.

Was going to put in a lowball bid, I have a raw that grades out at about 6.5/7.0, thought it'd be nice to have a slabbed copy. Would have gotten blown out of the water.  

Screenshot_20211129-134015_Chrome.jpg

Definitely a strong result, I don’t have a copy.  But since it now appears that’s actually the first appearance to hit the stands, even if the story in the giant is earlier in story terms, it may not be that surprising.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, sagii said:

There is a Four Color 33 on C'Link (highest graded) . Very healthy bidding indeed, billed as the first 'standard' sized Bugs Bunny comic it's got more interest than recent Large Feature 8 copies which is the first solo Bugs comic.

The large size of LF8 compared to Four Color 33 (plus 33 being in the storied FC run) are likely factors as well for the price disparity, but the next high grade LF8 that appears could benefit from the FC 33 sale next week. We'll see, in the meantime my LF8 again with a 'friend', lol. 

20210928_215357.jpg

Great book Corey!

I still regret selling my copy of LF #8

I low balled on this one last week thinking it would be an undervalued overlooked gem. 

Went way past what I expected. And I'm.happy to see that even though I wasn't the winner. 

I believe it is the only goldenage (front) cover Yosemite Sam appeared on. Though his mustache is miscolered :yeehaw:

Screenshot_20220307-101646_Chrome.jpg

Edited by sagii