• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 2:25 AM, OtherEric said:

does Duck Dodgers deserve a separate spot on the list from Daffy in general?

Duck Dodgers deserves a spot on every list!

On 10/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, OtherEric said:

Finally in today.  If this is what the seller considers fair/ good I'll take all they've got, looks closer to a VG to me.  On the pricing front, there's an 8.0 on the bay right now for $595 BIN... I wonder how long that will last.

FC_0918.jpg

I would have found one that was just the Road Runner credits, but this is the version I grew up with.

That 8.0 must not have lasted long-I can’t find it (or I’d have bought it!)

On 11/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

There's been a bunch of early Looney Tunes on sale on Heritage recently. Anyone pick any up? I was close on a couple but couldn't watch the auction to bid further.

I did proxy bidding and thought just let it ride on a couple.

Out bid on all (:

Curious to see where that Promise Copy FC 88 will end up on its second go round this time though 

I'm not a big fan of Bugs and the gang but I've always loved Dell comics and oddly as a kid you just didn't see the "Looney Tunes" comics at the flea markets and garage sales where we would dig up old Disneys and Turoks and other Dell books. So on arriving at my first New York Seuling comic show in 1972 one of the first books I bought was an early sixties Looney Tunes just because I wanted to see what it was like. Cost me all of fifty cents as I recall which was a bit of my budget for that show (I think I had five bucks or something.) Anyway compared to the Barks WDCS I picked up at the same show (those cost a buck each) I wasn't too impressed and it would be many years before I picked up any more. I've picked up some nice copies in the meantime; not too many but a few that have struck my fancy. I find it an interesting and probably under appreciated title. Here's the few I've picked up over the last decade or so usually because the price was so low I couldn't walk away.

LTMM46.thumb.jpg.0d970cb28b9cbd1564d2fe2e6beab242.jpg

LTMM78.thumb.jpg.c07d95639ef276b581b1412b3b809185.jpg

1696745135_LTMM90.thumb.jpg.09ecf215cb6f3832fcc38324593ec34e.jpg