• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2022 at 7:27 AM, sagii said:

Great one Jayman, and while I can't absolutely confirm, I belive its the 1st Yosemite Sam in comics. Maybe @OtherEric or @Scrooge can?

But even so, a freaking Dragon cover!! How cool is that? 

I'm not sure either, but it seems likely.  This issue came out between the second and third cartoons featuring Sam, and the coloring glitch suggests to me it was partly based on "Along Came Daffy", which has twin Sams, one with black hair.  If the character had been in the comic before, they probably would have gotten it right here.

I'm speculating on awful thin evidence here, but I would be surprised if this wasn't the first appearance.  But I was surprised by the Coyote look-alike before his first cartoon, so it's not impossible.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:59 PM, OtherEric said:

So, I've made very little progress on my "First comic appearances of the Looney Tunes Characters" list.  But I did have one detail I wanted to note:

Speedy Gonzales appears in Bugs Bunny's Christmas Funnies #7, several years before his Four Color issue.

LT_CF_7.jpg

Great detective work on this discovery!

The Holiday giants have some splendid painted covers on them! 

Those are minor, however, compared to this one.  Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies 14, my first pickup for the main title in far too long.  13 to go, my goal for the year is to get down to single digits needed.

For whatever reason, the issues in the late 20's are my biggest gap right now; I'm missing 26-29. 

LT 014.jpg

On 1/3/2023 at 12:55 PM, OtherEric said:

Those are minor, however, compared to this one.  Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies 14, my first pickup for the main title in far too long.  13 to go, my goal for the year is to get down to single digits needed.

For whatever reason, the issues in the late 20's are my biggest gap right now; I'm missing 26-29. 

LT 014.jpg

:wishluck: Good luck on the hunt this year!