• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,062 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2023 at 6:07 PM, Jayman said:

Just in today and I blame @OtherEric ! If he hadn’t posted his copy I wouldn’t have even known this book. Once I saw it, I had to get one! What a terrific issue. Loved the Kingdom of Radiom story, I would consider it a classic!

Dell Four Color # 164.jpg

There are really some spectacular covers on the early Looney Tunes Four Colors, aren’t there?  Glad I could point you in the direction of this one!

On 3/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, OtherEric said:

There are really some spectacular covers on the early Looney Tunes Four Colors, aren’t there?  Glad I could point you in the direction of this one!

Not only that, but the interiors are drawn really well. Possibly by someone who did the animation? Consistently good art throughout this issue. 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:07 PM, Jayman said:

Just in today and I blame @OtherEric ! If he hadn’t posted his copy I wouldn’t have even known this book. Once I saw it, I had to get one! What a terrific issue. Loved the Kingdom of Radiom story, I would consider it a classic!

Congrats friend!

When that issue came on my radar,  it was through a dealer waay back who used to mail out newspaper style catalogs and advertised in Overstreet. He stated in the listing next to this particular issue "As good as any Barks story" 

High praise indeed. 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, OtherEric said:

Good catch.  According to the GCD it’s Tom McKimson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_McKimson

Very cool! I had no idea but was amazed at the consistency of the likeness of Bugs and Porky from panel to panel. Animation in-betweens were the first thing I thought of. 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:29 PM, sagii said:

Congrats friend!

When that issue came on my radar,  it was through a dealer waay back who used to mail out newspaper style catalogs and advertised in Overstreet. He stated in the listing next to this particular issue "As good as any Barks story" 

High praise indeed. 

I grabbed this book for the cover and was hoping for good content as a bonus. It didn’t disappoint! You got a lot for your dime back in 1947 for this book! The two stories in this issue had depth and multiple plot lines going on. Also credit for keeping Bugs “lingo” true to his character!

On 3/20/2023 at 6:07 PM, Jayman said:

Incredible cover.