• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,062 posts in this topic

Thanks...have a few more to go.

<a  href=https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7325/9218566662_da3eba4253_z.jpg' alt='9218566662_da3eba4253_z.jpg'>IMG LOONEY TUNES & MERRIE ME LODIES # 94

mm

its your show sir! I'm out having a few beers with some friends but keep peeking in here. Perfect cover to reflect a picture perfect Summer day! Keep em coming!

(shrug)

Or, in fact, any at all that I'm aware of. I think that's supposed to be Daffy on the cover of the first four issues, as part of the logo, but other than that Daffy stayed far away from Looney Tunes at Dell. I don't think it's until around issue 120 or so that he even starts to show up inside the book remotely regularly; and I don't believe other than that weird image on the 1st 4 issues Daffy EVER got a cover on Looney Tunes at Dell.

To be fair, my Looney Tunes run is still about 3 dozen issues short of complete, so I'm relying on the GCD to fill in on the early part of the run. But Daffy's absence is obvious enough that there has to have been a reason for it, particularly given that they were making up features like Kandi the Cave Kid and Pat, Patsy, and Pete to fill the pages. I just have no clue what that reason was, and at this late date it's possible nobody does.

(shrug)

Or, in fact, any at all that I'm aware of. I think that's supposed to be Daffy on the cover of the first four issues, as part of the logo, but other than that Daffy stayed far away from Looney Tunes at Dell. I don't think it's until around issue 120 or so that he even starts to show up inside the book remotely regularly; and I don't believe other than that weird image on the 1st 4 issues Daffy EVER got a cover on Looney Tunes at Dell.

To be fair, my Looney Tunes run is still about 3 dozen issues short of complete, so I'm relying on the GCD to fill in on the early part of the run. But Daffy's absence is obvious enough that there has to have been a reason for it, particularly given that they were making up features like Kandi the Cave Kid and Pat, Patsy, and Pete to fill the pages. I just have no clue what that reason was, and at this late date it's possible nobody does.

Yeah, I'm sure that's Daffy over the logo on those covers too, but you're right: it is a mystery that most likely won't be able to answer. Dell eventually gave him his own series in FC in the 50's, so I don't think it had anything to do with 'confusing' readers with the other duck. Both ducks had clearly different defined personalities and Daffy ( who has a different personality now than his very early shorts) went commando :D . The moment both ducks met on screen in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' is only over shadowed by Mickey Mouse sharing the screen with Bugs Bunny in the same film. Truly historic cinematic stuff.
Edited by Sagii