• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I actually think my copy narrowly wins; although it may come down to personal preference.  Great pickups!

FF_216.jpg

Yeah, it would be tough to pick between those two copies. I'm not sure which I would pick. I honestly had given up all hope of ever owning any of the Frazetta Famous Funnies. Price has just gotten out of reach. I was so happy to find these low grade copies at what I think were amazing prices. I got both of these for less than I was expecting to pay for one. I actually tried to trade one of my Vampi 1's for one of these graded not that long ago on the boards with no success. 

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Yeah, it would be tough to pick between those two copies. I'm not sure which I would pick. I honestly had given up all hope of ever owning any of the Frazetta Famous Funnies. Price has just gotten out of reach. I was so happy to find these low grade copies at what I think were amazing prices. I got both of these for less than I was expecting to pay for one. I actually tried to trade one of my Vampi 1's for one of these graded not that long ago on the boards with no success. 

I know what you mean about the Frazetta Famous Funnies having gotten out of reach.  I've got two bug chewed issues, plus slightly better copies of Buster Crabbe #5 and Weird Science Fantasy #29, both of which I think should be included with the 209-216.  Those will have to do unless I get really lucky someday.

With that said, if there's one thing I've learned collecting comics since I was about 7, it's that far more often than you expect, you get really lucky.  Like you did with those two!

1 minute ago, chevalmeow said:

Another great selection for you.  Congrats!

Can we please see some samples of the Frazetta Special interior?

I had to research this one a bit when I saw it. From the interwebs: Collected B&W Golden Age Comics of the 1940's-1950's; Dan Brand and Tipi (Durango Kid & White Indian), Funny Animals (Barnyard, Coo Coo, Goofy,Happy), Heroic, etc

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

I had to research this one a bit when I saw it. From the interwebs: Collected B&W Golden Age Comics of the 1940's-1950's; Dan Brand and Tipi (Durango Kid & White Indian), Funny Animals (Barnyard, Coo Coo, Goofy,Happy), Heroic, etc

IMG_3605.JPG

The female head shot reminds of Dave Stevens' work.

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

Love his composition and style making the best use of each frame.

IMG_3602.JPG

Thank you for that!