• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wombat's Magazines
4 4

538 posts in this topic

Hugely disappointing at WW Philly. One dealer had a short box of magazines and maybe a handful of wall books spread around.

IMG_1234%201.jpg

The rest of my non magazine haul.

Found this sweet Frazetta cover.

IMG_1236%201.jpg

Ken Kelly was there so had to pick up a few prints and he was signing them for free.

IMG_1235%201.jpg

Those Ken Kelly prints are doooooooope!

I regretted not getting some bigger prints he had that were really not that expensive. I thought I would be spending more on comics. He also had a few originals I should have picked up. He was very friendly. I had on a Frazetta t shirt and he commented on how that was his teacher.

I regretted not getting some bigger prints he had that were really not that expensive. I thought I would be spending more on comics. He also had a few originals I should have picked up. He was very friendly. I had on a Frazetta t shirt and he commented on how that was his teacher.

Dude, those prints are stunning. (worship)

Frazetta was also his Father-in-Law, and he helped with a few pieces. The girl on the cover of Vampirella #6 for instance, Kelly was having trouble with her, and Frank fixed it for him. Take a look sometime, it's a Frazetta girl, especially the face and hair.

Frazetta was also his Father-in-Law, and he helped with a few pieces. The girl on the cover of Vampirella #6 for instance, Kelly was having trouble with her, and Frank fixed it for him. Take a look sometime, it's a Frazetta girl, especially the face and hair.

Father in law or uncle? I think he was Ellie's nephew.

Yeah, maybe it was nephew, related in some way. Either way, Frank helped with the girl on that cover, and I think it was Kelly's first commissioned piece.

Yep. Not a bad teacher.

Its funny how different covers go up and down on my list of favorites. #5 is growing on me. Probably means I look at way too much Frazetta art.

Outside of the fork'n haunting art on #5 I love how the cover text is at the bottom...Leaving the whole panel in the middle un-disturbed.

Its funny how different covers go up and down on my list of favorites. #5 is growing on me. Probably means I look at way too much Frazetta art.

Outside of the fork'n haunting art on #5 I love how the cover text is at the bottom...Leaving the whole panel in the middle un-disturbed.

Plus Drac's sporting one bad- widow's peak! :headbang:

Couldn't resist a good deal on ebay.

IMG_1243.jpg

2 classic covers. :applause: The # 5 is special to me. :cloud9: My Mother bought me that issue when I was a wee lad , home sick in bed. 1st time I saw Frazetta. I felt a whole lot better as the day went on. :banana: