• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Jersey C.H.U.D COMIC CON - August 30th

7 posts in this topic

Bill puts on a nice show, but I wouldn't go as a dealer looking to dig for keys. If you're a collector looking for tons of books, this is a fun show.

Thanks for the response. I'm only 15 minutes away so I'll probably check it out.

The regular shows there are better, but I go infrequently.

I think this show is more for dealers looking to move tons of overstock, getting kids interested, and I suspect most is just filler issues, low grade, etc. I think the rule than no comic can be priced for more than a dollar was enforced, I have no reason to think that changed.

I think this show is more for dealers looking to move tons of overstock, getting kids interested, and I suspect most is just filler issues, low grade, etc. I think the rule than no comic can be priced for more than a dollar was enforced, I have no reason to think that changed.

Oh. If that's the case I won't waste my time.

Fantastic show for good cheap books, I pulled quite a few nice books along with cheap set fillers. The biggest problem was either that there were too many people or not big enough of a ballroom as it was wall to wall people. There were times you were really stuck and just could not move down an aisle.

The regular show is my hands down personal favorite, there's always a good amount of gold,silver and bronze there and it is 15 minutes from my house.I usually set up there with one table and make out decently selling wise, and I always pick up good books from other dealers in the morning.The next time around the regular show rolls around in November Bill is letting me have 2 tables :luhv::cloud9:

I hit Chud before it opened at 9am on Sunday, bought around a 75 books at a buck a piece, there was some pretty nice gems in my stacks.I should have got there at 8:30 though, I know that other dealers were buying books ahead of me.