• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torn on how to deal with poor buying experience

155 posts in this topic

I think the moral of the story here is the USPS tells us not to ship comic books via media mail, so why do people insist on doing it?

As a seller, if you're going to break their rules, at least give the buyer the option to pay for more expensive shipping. Personally I will always choose a more expensive option over media mail because media mail sucks. It takes much longer to get to me and it's always beaten up unless the seller packed it super well and in my experience, most people who are trying to save money on shipping costs aren't splurging on excellent packing materials 2c

+1

I just don't get why people persist on using media mail. I'm always amazed when books arrive media mail from long time sellers on the boards. It is against USPS policy. Why risk it?

The same reason sellers ask for PayPal personal - to save $$$

Dan

Beat the media drum all you want on here, but I still get packages almost 3 to 5 times a month Media mail.

Now how many are opened by the PO? None. Most of the time the seller doesn't tell me its shipping media, but as long as its packed well and it arrives safely it doesn't bother me as a buyer. And I am quite sure some of you moral crusaders on there are the same way.

Do I ship Media anymore? 96%+ of the time or more no I don't. The other 4% the buyer has agree that they are okay with that route before I will ship it.

Its just not worth the headaches anymore. Between 1st class and Priority Flat Rate you can pretty well cover 95% of shipping comics. Just ask yourself is your reputation worth the headaches that a few $$ it saves you?

Media Mail is no bueno for comics. I have a younger relative the works for the post office, they delight in going through the media mail packages and busting people. Not stealing or damaging (at least at their branch) but they will slap on extra postage due. And I'm guessing your comics wont be repacked so good as well.

Just the other day they had somebody try to ship a toaster media mail...doah!

First Class and Priority is the only way to go for bomics or comics.

I've had media arrive in 4 days and priority in 9 to same distance.

I have reached completion in 20 minutes with a National Tattler pictorial and in 5 minutes with an Eros production.

hm

Priority mail is not immune to postal mishandling either. This was sent priority. Cost $29 and sat in customs for almost 3 weeks.

2d5ce42b-e988-45b2-b9b1-a9c906d0f84a_zps8iwjp7b2.jpg

b51fadec-a1f2-4471-9cff-4182b1c21f6b_zpsadab73xw.jpg

Given your listed location, this is probably not bad for interdimensional travel.

John if you want the $90 as the only thing to be made whole, send me a PM and that's how it will be resolved. I offered $30 as way to minimize the pain on both sides. I'm out $65 (or sold 500 for $25) and you're out $60 and have the remainder comics. If you don't like my offer of resolution ask for or offer up another one, I'm pretty easy about all this.

Yes ~500 were shipped and yes they were originally packaged properly.

I still swear by media mail for bulk, but will likely keep it to long boxes and under. Keep the USPS workers at least reasonably OK with that.

Media mail is fine, just a gamble. Have shipped 1,000's of packages using it. But if something happened, immediate full refund given by me, buyer keeps whatever was delivered. no questions. Its the gamble. Win some, lose some. In this case, you are completely wrong. You should have given an instant refund when pictures and stuff were shown and told seller to keep the books. The choices are he keeps the books and you give him $90 back or you pay for return shipping and refund him $90 when it gets back. No partial refunds. Seems you have been selling enough to know the rules of selling comic books online.

John if you want the $90 as the only thing to be made whole, send me a PM and that's how it will be resolved. I offered $30 as way to minimize the pain on both sides. I'm out $65 (or sold 500 for $25) and you're out $60 and have the remainder comics. If you don't like my offer of resolution ask for or offer up another one, I'm pretty easy about all this.

I still swear by media mail for bulk, but will likely keep it to long boxes and under. Keep the USPS workers at least reasonably OK with that.

Media mail is fine, just a gamble. Have shipped 1,000's of packages using it. But if something happened, immediate full refund given by me, buyer keeps whatever was delivered. no questions. Its the gamble. Win some, lose some. In this case, you are completely wrong. You should have given an instant refund when pictures and stuff were shown and told seller to keep the books. The choices are he keeps the books and you give him $90 back or you pay for return shipping and refund him $90 when it gets back. No partial refunds. Seems you have been selling enough to know the rules of selling comic books online.

Perfect response :applause:

The people saying, "they are only valiants ," or "a partial refund is fair, " are out of their minds.

BAZINGA!

Kav you're my bud right? I really think you are a terrific dude. And that's not the Tequila talking. I really mean that mess.

Yup

we get the same jokes-that's huge

BAZINGA!

Kav you're my bud right? I really think you are a terrific dude. And that's not the Tequila talking. I really mean that mess.

Yup

Good!

NowgofindmesomecoolcapsbecauseIreallylikecapsthecapyousentmewasacoolreadwiththefalcontooIthinkthefalconwascoolbutnotascoolascap.

BAZINGA!

Yup

Good!

NowgofindmesomecoolcapsbecauseIreallylikecapsthecapyousentmewasacoolreadwiththefalcontooIthinkthefalconwascoolbutnotascoolascap.

OkbuddyIfoundthisCapit'slikethemainCapcauseitretellshisoriginandstuffhowhebecameasupersoldierwiththeserum

thatturnedhimintoasupersoldier:

Captain_America_Vol_1_109.jpg

BAZINGA!

Yup

Good!

OkbuddyIfoundthisCapit'slikethemainCapcauseitretellshisoriginandstuffhowhebecameasupersoldierwiththeserum

thatturnedhimintoasupersoldier:

Captain_America_Vol_1_109.jpg

No way!capsoriginhowcoolisthatcapissocoolitmakesmyhairstandonendhowcoolheisdontgivemeyoursososodathatsameoldcolaIwannapoppopShastakindacool.

Why on earth do you think "the pain" should be equally shared?

SeewhathappenedwasDrErskinemadeasupersoldierserumbutheusedaskinnyguythatwantedtobeasoldieranditturned

outSteveRogerwastheperfectspeciminfortheexperimenthebecametheperfectsupersoldierbutthenDrErskinegotkilled

unfortunatelysonomoresupersoldiersbutatleastwehaveCap