• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The sweet 16

21 posts in this topic

OK, the sweet 16 has been determined and I can tell you the twist now.

Going forward, each of the remaining books will have a ranking based on the votes in the previous rounds. These rankings will continue until we have a winner. Here are the rankings based on votes:

1. Giant Sized X-Men #1

2. Dark Knight Returns #1-4

3. Watchmen #1-12

4. Swamp Thing #20-21

5. Hulk #180-182

6. Action #583 & Superman #423

7. Cerebus #1

8. Daredevil #168

9. Kingdom Come #1-4

10. New Teen Titans #1 (1980)

11. Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12

12. LEOG #1-6, Vol 1

13. Thor #337

14. Amazing Spider-man #252

15. Iron Fist #14

16. Kraven's last hunt

1 Giant Sized X-Men #1

16 Kraven's last hunt

5 Hulk #180-182

12 LEOG #1-6, Vol 1

8 Daredevil #168

9 Kingdom Come #1-4

4 Swamp Thing #20-21

13 Thor #337

2 Dark Knight Returns #1-4

15 Iron Fist #14

6 Action #583 & Superman #423

11 Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12

7 Cerebus #1

10 New Teen Titans #1 (1980)

3 Watchmen #1-12

14 Amazing Spider-man #252

Sorry if the formatting is off.

Anyways, this will start up tomorrow.

Alex

Alex, the idea you had started out as a great idea and was fun. However this format you have now just plain sucks. You are treating it like a basketball bracket by pitting the best against the worst. This type of format works well for the NCAA because there are a number of variables that allowthe underdog to win against the favorite. This does not happen with comics. They are what they are and nothing changes that. So pitting GSX1 against Kravens Last Hunt is a waste of time.

You started out with the right idea of matching similar issues, but now it seems as if all other issues are being set up to fail.

Just my opinion.

Alex, the idea you had started out as a great idea and was fun. However this format you have now just plain sucks. You are treating it like a basketball bracket by pitting the best against the worst. This type of format works well for the NCAA because there are a number of variables that allowthe underdog to win against the favorite. This does not happen with comics. They are what they are and nothing changes that. So pitting GSX1 against Kravens Last Hunt is a waste of time.

You started out with the right idea of matching similar issues, but now it seems as if all other issues are being set up to fail.

Just my opinion.

They have to fail somewhere, and it's only a bit of fun, even if it is flawed and subjective, 'lok. Perhaps you could PM Alex with better match-ups.

I know there have to be losers and winners in this "contest." I was just commenting that it seems as if the match-ups are skewed to favor the popular. Which may be the end result anyway, but they are matched up so that the outcome is too predictable.

I know there have to be losers and winners in this "contest." I was just commenting that it seems as if the match-ups are skewed to favor the popular. Which may be the end result anyway, but they are matched up so that the outcome is too predictable.

Let me see if I get this right.

People were complaining because important books were being matched up with equally important books and getting knock-out of the contest, while lesser comics made it through because they were paired with other lesser comics. Now we're complaining because we're going to knock-out the lesser books and let only the most important ones advance.

makepoint.gif

Besides, after this round it will become more difficult to predict the winners. We're just thinning the herd with this round. Hang in there people.

No, you don't have it right. I never complained about the format until now and I don't recall DL complaining either (I could be wrong on that though).

No, you don't have it right. I never complained about the format until now and I don't recall DL complaining either (I could be wrong on that though).

I never complained about the prior match-ups. I think similar issues should be matched up. Each issue should have a fair shot at the other.

Either way it doesn't really matter, just expressing my opinion. I think it's great for Alex to go to all the trouble regardless. flowerred.gif

My point was that it seems like no matter how Alex structures things, someone will complain about how things are structured.

Some (like DL, and me for that matter hi.gif) want every book to have a shot at winning. While others didn't like important books that would have a shot at winning the whole contest getting knocked out early by stiff competition (i.e. the infamous Moore vs Moore).

OK, let's decide this the only way I know how. You all have until tomorrow morning to decide the question below:

Sorry, but this poll needs a third choice or I'm not voting. The third choice should be "I don't care what format we use, I just want to complain and make Alex's life miserable. No good deed should go unpunished."

OK, let's decide this the only way I know how. You all have until tomorrow morning to decide the question below:

Sorry, but this poll needs a third choice or I'm not voting. The third choice should be "I don't care what format we use, I just want to complain and make Alex's life miserable. No good deed should go unpunished."

Yes! I agree. sumo.gif

"Should FFB be kicked in the groin for laughs?"

I'm sending a write-in ballot for "No, kick Deathlok instead." yeahok.gif

Sorry no write in ballots. Besides I don't think you are eligible to vote, something about being a registered offender of some sort. confused-smiley-013.gif

"Should FFB be kicked in the groin for laughs?"

I'm sending a write-in ballot for "No, kick Deathlok instead." yeahok.gif

yay.gifheadbang.gifthumbsup2.gif I'll sign on to that petition! You might have to kick him a few times to guarantee a direct hit on target though.