• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 9:38 AM, D84 said:

I don't really know Moon Knight, but this looks like it might be fun.

Similar situation for me. I luckily had a Moon Knight #1 in my collection but never read much about the character. Looking forward to the series. 

Has this done much for the book? Some years ago, because they were so cheap, I got 10 copies of MK 1 (yeah I know, but WWBN32 was too expensive for me back then due to personal problems). All supposedly NM, but this was Mile High, so you know, most are only VFN+ at best. 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, piper said:

Hawkeye was very good.

Agreed!

Folks may complain about a less aggressive Kingpin. But even the actor noted it was due to changes in the character's life and not some content changes that tamped down his performance.

If you look closely at Empire’s shiny new Moon Knight covers, you’ll notice something about him that’s rare for an MCU hero. It’s not that he’s covered in Ancient Egyptian bandages, or that he’s got hieroglyphic-like symbols on his flowing cape (admittedly not common in the Marvel pantheon). No, it’s that if you look at his knuckles, and on the tips of his crescent moon-shaped weapons, you’ll find dark red blood streaks. The upcoming Disney+ MCU series – starring Oscar Isaac as the nocturnal vigilante with dissociative identity disorder and a penchant for Egyptology – is a show that, in all senses, doesn’t pull its punches.

There’s a harder edge to Moon Knight – aka Steven Grant, aka Marc Spector – that Marvel boss Kevin Feige isn’t shying away from. “He’s brutal,” Feige tells Empire, citing the streaming service as a space to expand what an MCU story can be. “It’s been fun to work with Disney+ and see the boundaries shifting on what we’re able to do. There are moments [in the series] when Moon Knight is wailing on another character, and it is loud and brutal, and the knee-jerk reaction is, ‘We’re gonna pull back on this, right?’ No. We’re not pulling back. There’s a tonal shift. This is a different thing. This is Moon Knight.”

I've got all my 2022 hopes pinned on this show, and that we get a proper ending, not just a tease for the next thing. 

Cool...BUTT this trailer wasn't anything special.  Didn't really show anything the last trailer didn't (which was a fantastic trailer).

***With the Doctor Strange trailer I think the MCU isn't going to be too concerned

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss

On 2/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Cool...BUTT this trailer wasn't anything special.  Didn't really show anything the last trailer didn't (which was a fantastic trailer).

***With the Doctor Strange trailer I think the MCU isn't going to be too concerned

I agree.

If I didn't know anything about Moon Knight, I don't think this trailer would make me too interested.

On 2/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

They probably didn't want to overshadow the Dr Strange trailer is my guess.  The DS trailer is going to generate a lot of buzz over the next few days I think.

The premise of Moon Knight following an already complicated character is interesting. While he can't talk about plot specifics about the show, Isaac seems very excited about his new Marvel project, even comparing it to Iron Man in terms of putting the focus on its titular hero in a new interview with Empire. Read his full comment below:

“The idea of getting back to ‘handmade’ films, character studies… I was desperate for that feeling. It felt ‘handmade. And it’s the first legitimate Marvel character-study since Iron Man. I thought, ‘Maybe I can hijack this thing. Maybe this is the chance to do something really nutty on a major stage.’”