• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

Moon Knight seems silly to do. We already have Daredevil Batman and there really is no difference other than the costume.

FIFY

:baiting:

I like the post-Ellis Moon Knight. Kind of the anti-Batman. His explanation for wearing white "so they can see me coming" was awesome.

What's that gif from, anyway? lol at Snoopy sleeping on his doghouse in the background.

It's from Arrested Development. One of the running jokes on the show, complete with sad Peanuts music in the background. :grin:

the rumor is about a another guy, saying there is a rumor. Be interesting to see any sort of actual information involved.

No way Marvel is going to be throwing out new series for characters, but having him eventually appear in something, which might some day lead to a series, is the best hope I would think.

I agree with the rumor-monger, that Punisher could get his own series if it all goes well in Season 2. Using that model to continue to grow the NetflixU seems legit enough. But, characters like Ghost Rider (who like punisher had their rights revert) likely would be ahead in the line to get adapted.

I think Blade & Ghost Rider, would be the next big two after Punisher, looking to get involved. (Midnight sons maybe)

still feeling like Phase 2 of Netflix is going to be

DD

Heroes for Hire (Jessica, Luke & Danny together)

Punisher or Moon Knight

Daughters of the Dragon (spinning out of Luke Cage & Iron Fist seasons) so that Marvel can still have a female-lead (or female/female co-leads) series as one of it's Netflix shows.

Could also be Elektra solo series.

DD

Punisher or Moon Knight

Daughters of the Dragon (spinning out of Luke Cage & Iron Fist seasons) so that Marvel can still have a female-lead (or female/female co-leads) series as one of it's Netflix shows.

I dont think they have spoken at all about post Defenders plans as of yet have they?

DD

Punisher or Moon Knight

I dont think they have spoken at all about post Defenders plans as of yet have they?

Nothing yet. But I'm making the assumption that Netflix, moving more into the business of original content & how much they've gotten into bed with Disney in the past year or so, will do its best to keep that content stream open. And Marvel, knowing that their Netflix fare is a bit much for broadcast or even cable TV, likes the alternative delivery platform for non-film properties like the Marvel Knights line (which is still what I'm calling this) and will extend this contract.

And while they might turn one of these properties (most likely DD?) into a movie at some point, I think they recognize the creative freedom that Netflix offers that dealing with the MPAA rating system won't. I mean, there's no way DD, if done in the same way that this past season was done, in movie format though, gets less than an R rating for the blood spray alone. Just the fact that they'd have to "family friendly" the street-level Marvel Knights-like characters up to get them into blockbuster territory is something that I think they can recognize as a bad idea.

DD

Punisher or Moon Knight

Nothing yet. But I'm making the assumption that Netflix, moving more into the business of original content & how much they've gotten into bed with Disney in the past year or so, will do its best to keep that content stream open. And Marvel, knowing that their Netflix fare is a bit much for broadcast or even cable TV, likes the alternative delivery platform for non-film properties like the Marvel Knights line (which is still what I'm calling this) and will extend this contract.

And while they might turn one of these properties (most likely DD?) into a movie at some point, I think they recognize the creative freedom that Netflix offers that dealing with the MPAA rating system won't. I mean, there's no way DD, if done in the same way that this past season was done, in movie format though, gets less than an R rating for the blood spray alone. Just the fact that they'd have to "family friendly" the street-level Marvel Knights-like characters up to get them into blockbuster territory is something that I think they can recognize as a bad idea.

I think everyone agrees with the direction streaming companies are moving, and Netflix and Disney have definitely struck up an excellent relationship.

That being said, calling out as many shows as they have already pegged to do, on top of continuing all the existing ones, is a pretty big ask.

I am sure they will continue to grow the MCU on Netflix, but there are only so many resources to go around. Even if they wanted to, I dont know that they could simultaneously produce 10-12 shows.

DD

Punisher or Moon Knight

I think everyone agrees with the direction streaming companies are moving, and Netflix and Disney have definitely struck up an excellent relationship.

That being said, calling out as many shows as they have already pegged to do, on top of continuing all the existing ones, is a pretty big ask.

I am sure they will continue to grow the MCU on Netflix, but there are only so many resources to go around. Even if they wanted to, I dont know that they could simultaneously produce 10-12 shows.

That's why I suggested DD as the one continuing solo show, combining the rest of the Defenders into a Heroes for Hire show (JJ, LC & IF all together), adding a Punisher or Moon Knight show & then having the female-led show with either Elektra or Daughters of the Dragon (Misty & Colleen). That would leave them with still only 4 running shows (like they have with the present structure) without blowing off any of the existing characters that they've already developed in solo shows.

I also can't see them moving much beyond their 2-season-per-year Netflix model on top of their AoS/Agent Carter and their planned expansion with the Mockingbird/Lance Hunter show, as well as whatever project/show/mini-series John Ridley is going to be doing with them. Maybe expand Netflix as high as a quarterly release schedule & get new seasons of everything annually at different times of the year? But that would be essentially a quadrupling of their TV output & probably won't come for a few more years.

MK just doesn't translate to a TV show very well..

A multiple personality disorder soldier of fortune mercenary billionaire playboy who also happens to to become a brutally violent psychopathic vigilante? Then mix in the FX budget necessary for a "near-Spawn sized" cape and crescent-moon shaped helicopters, et al?

I love him, but he's just not that relateable (or believable) to a general audience, imho.

Edited by sl4ppy

A multiple personality disorder soldier of fortune mercenary billionaire playboy who also happens to to become a brutally violent psychopathic vigilante? Then mix in the FX budget necessary for a "near-Spawn sized" cape and crescent-moon shaped helicopters, et al?

I love him, but he's just not that relateable (or believable) to a general audience, imho.

My response to all this is : MARVEL.

They know what they're doing. If they decide to do Moon Knight, it'll be a hit.

My response to all this is : MARVEL.

They know what they're doing. If they decide to do Moon Knight, it'll be a hit.

I'll be ecstatic if Moon Knight shows up in the small screen. I'm just curious to see how masses will react to the character - MK is kinda like batman and (maybe) arrow. Marvel is known for its creativity. Oh well, we just have to wait and see.....

Although the article credits Latino Review for pulling this up, the latter site points the story to a site I had not heard of before (moviecreedlive.com).

Netflix: Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider Series to be created on Netflix

We revealed that Marvel's 'Agent Carter' series may be going to the platform after we also revealed that ABC had canceled the show. Now, we reveal that Netflix will be adding three more comic book characters to their line-up in the form of series.

Our sources have revealed that Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight are lined-up to join Netflix. It is believed that the series is currently on the table and Netflix are growing ever closer to approving and picking who they want to helm the projects or bring them to life.

Out of all the three characters, Blade was the only to be brought from film ( Played by Wesley Snipes) and later moved to television (Played by rapper Sticky Fingaz). It should be noted that the show itself, didn't last that long.

It would make sense with the great work taking place on Netflix. Plus, the Blade slow development details that have been coming out the past year.

THE WALKING DEAD Star Norman Reedus Says 'F*** Yeah' To Playing Ghost Rider

Ghost_Rider_Marvel_XP.png

With recent rumours that characters like Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are being considered for their own Netflix show and while that got many excited, nothing confirmed. 2005's Ghost Rider was not a good film, that's for sure. More like a Nicolas Cage-drug ride than an adaptation of the comics, but a movie that is just fun to watch and not that bad; Johnny Blaze is deserving of a redemption and with the rumoured Netflix show being it, who's the actor who's gonna put on a skull? Well, there's some candidates.

Plus, it looks like The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus is interested to play the Ghost Rider, based on his recent comments:

"Hell yeah. it would be a blast. Do i get a skull face that's on fire and all that stuff? [frick] yeah. I'm down"

There is a rumor of James Gunn desiring to work on a Moon Knight movie. Which when asked by a fan, it sounds like he is super-excited to take this on if timing allowed.

And it looks like someone else associated with Marvel is just as excited.

Vincent D'Onofrio Is Down For A James Gunn Moon Knight Movie

VYXFOhB.png

t6kzGzE.png