• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comic Action # 1 vs. Original Art Grail

76 posts in this topic

If the Mile High Action # 1 is the holy grail of comic books, what is the holy grail of Original Art. Considering that the dentist bought the Action # 1 in the early 1980's for a song and he is now being offered 2-3 million, perhaps it is a good idea to purchase a similar grail in the original art category. Does anybody know what is considered the BEST of the original art world?

If the Mile High Action # 1 is the holy grail of comic books, what is the holy grail of Original Art. Considering that the dentist bought the Action # 1 in the early 1980's for a song and he is now being offered 2-3 million, perhaps it is a good idea to purchase a similar grail in the original art category. Does anybody know what is considered the BEST of the original art world?

The OA cover to Action #1? confused-smiley-013.gif

I will guess that we dont really know, since there are some pieces that are not known whether they exist anymore, like the cover art to AF15 or BB28 or Showcase 4..... or Action #1 Tec 27 for that matter...

Until someone comes forward and states that they personally shredded those boards at some point, we can assume that they sit quietly in someones collection.

The OA cover to Action #1? confused-smiley-013.gif

It's gotta exist in reality not theory to be elgible for price appreciation. I figure that the Amazing Spiderman # 11 or # 28 cover would qualify. Perhaps the Action # 15 cover that All Star Auctions ebayed a few years ago. Any opinions? I could see these pieces as garnering serious money if one could track 'em down.

Or the Superman cover with Hitler and Hirohito.... this is a job for DESTRO-MAN!!!

That is a good one. I think its Superman 13. I also believe the Action 50 cover is available. That is a super black cover. Nice, real nice.

While the Planet # 1 is nice...I do not believe it would ever qualify to become a 2-3 million piece. Not iconographic enough in my opinion. Stll nice though.

While the Planet # 1 is nice...I do not believe it would ever qualify to become a 2-3 million piece. Not iconographic enough in my opinion. Stll nice though.

What is the most paid so far for original art? The highest asking price I have seen was for the last Submariner story page from Marvel 1.

What is the most paid so far for original art? The highest asking price I have seen was for the last Submariner story page from Marvel 1.

I think that the Amazing Spiderman 11 and 28 covers were bought for $200,000 for the pair. So, even at $100,000 each that may be the most expensive so far. Good prices? Only time will tell.

The highest bonafide sale that I've heard of was 125K. The ASM 10 complete interiors sold for 160K cash about two years ago. Multiple items have changed hands at the 80-100K level. Plenty of items out there have price tags higher than 125K, but I haven't heard of an actual cash sale above this level.

But, I'm out of the loop on items at this price range.........

The highest bonafide sale that I've heard of was 125K. The ASM 10 complete interiors sold for 160K cash about two years ago. Multiple items have changed hands at the 80-100K level. Plenty of items out there have price tags higher than 125K, but I haven't heard of an actual cash sale above this level.

But, I'm out of the loop on items at this price range.........

What was the 125 k purchase Hari? Enquiring minds wanna know?

Hey Z-Man,

I collect Silver Age Super Hero Covers.

One day I will sell but only after the market goes up. At present, I think the OA market is too cheap. This is one of a kind for Pete's sake,..and OA isnt on fire ; )

DESTRO

PS - I was only kidding about wanting a Kat & Anne sandwich,..it was a joke.

No worries.. Kat took a stab at making a reply to you.. so I think she took it as a joke.

And I wanna see what OA ya own.

Is it in the OA thread?

Why you so shy about sharing some scans? Show it off bro..

Ze-

>>Kat took a stab at making a reply to you<<

It was totally a joke.

So do u think I have a chance ? Tell her,..Im hard as steel ALL OVER.

>>Why you so shy about sharing some scans? Show it off bro.. <<

Im from the school of thought that believes exposure dilutes value. I know its selfish but,..what can I say,..Im a selfish [#@$%!!!]. : )

Im from the school of thought that believes exposure dilutes value. I know its selfish but,..what can I say,..Im a selfish [#@$%!!!]. : )

Oh.. I just thought it was because you do not want anybody to know who the man behind the shill is.

But if your real reason is that you are afraid it will dillute value.. then that is too bad.

More exposure means more saturation, more saturation means more people see it, and the more people that see it.. the more they want it, and the more they want it the more you can charge for it.

Or something like that.

Ze-

Disagree with your philosophy.

And I thought I was a troll,...now Im a shill ? For who ?

PS - Can u pass this note to KAT,....tell her,..."I may seem mean,..but underneath all that toughness is a layer of sweetness,...and yes,..yes,...underneath that layer is ANOTHER layer of toughness,....but underneath is a layer of sweetness,...and at core,..I admit,..Im a bit of a basta#d,.....but I would love to allow her the poortunity to make me a better man".

D